Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chances of passing sniffer test with ARH longtubes + cat y?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chances of passing sniffer test with ARH longtubes + cat y?

What are the actual chances of passing a medium-strict (Colorado) sniffer test with longtubes (ARH), their catted-y, and a catback (no heads or cam), with a good tune?

I'll pass visual as long as I have cats and the AIR system in place. Just have to worry about the sniffer.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
What are the actual chances of passing a medium-strict (Colorado) sniffer test with longtubes (ARH), their catted-y, and a catback (no heads or cam), with a good tune?

I'll pass visual as long as I have cats and the AIR system in place. Just have to worry about the sniffer.
you have nothing to worry about, I have had the same system for about 1 1/2 years. Get a good tune and you will be good to go.
which part of Colorado are you in? I'm in Denver and just drive past the easy sniffers on acceleration ramps for the highways.
let me know if you need a tune, there is some people I can put you in touch with.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

AWESOME! I'm in arvada, and actually yes, if you know a good tuner locally, the only one I've been able to find is in the springs, so if there's one closer, that'd be spectacular.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
AWESOME! I'm in arvada, and actually yes, if you know a good tuner locally, the only one I've been able to find is in the springs, so if there's one closer, that'd be spectacular.
pm sent