Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air lid questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air lid questions?

I just got my hands on a MTI clear lid but i noticed it doesn't really seal around my stock MAF. Its snug but not the best. Is there any way around it?

Also who runs a clamp around the MAF end of their lid? Why?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Launching!

I have a clamp around mine, I have the same lid. Where it does'nt seal perfectly I put some weather stripping from lowes. I use it around the maf and around the edges of the lid where theres a gap, it seals pretty decent
Old 04-18-2009, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

thanks.

a friend told me to try electric tape around the MAF. anyone have some good/bads about that? he says it puts a better seal all around the MAF end since the electric tape acts as if there was an O-ring there. any more input welcomed
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickx07
thanks.

a friend told me to try electric tape around the MAF. anyone have some good/bads about that? he says it puts a better seal all around the MAF end since the electric tape acts as if there was an O-ring there. any more input welcomed
The electric tape is what Fast Toys recomends in the instructions for the 85mm lid if the MAF don't seal tight. Hope this helps!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

I have the same lid, i just tried to tighten it down enough, but ill probably get some weather stripping and do what xricer did. I hadnt thought about it, till i read this post.