Who's silver SS leaving Galveston on 45N yesterday evening?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who's silver SS leaving Galveston on 45N yesterday evening?

Had an ls1tech decal on the rear window.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

Yep thats my car. Did you like it? I just added the 12 foot wing and I got the leds from auto zone. They were having a red light special.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

That was a short stay for someone. Well whoever it belongs to, nice Camaro, brings a lot of memories back. We were in the HUMMER RESCUE UNIT beside you.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the sig Bret!!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Love the sig Bret!!
Hey what's up brutha! Been awhile. What's the latest news on your car?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -PEPE-
Hey what's up brutha! Been awhile. What's the latest news on your car?
In pieces all over the country....

Parted it out and as soon as I can get the roller out of my garage I will be on teh next project...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
In pieces all over the country....

Parted it out and as soon as I can get the roller out of my garage I will be on teh next project...
Wow, well you had your reasons, don't ever look back. So how's the schedule thing going? You're a project scheduler right? Might be mixing you up with another Camaro owner.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, well you had your reasons, don't ever look back. So how's the schedule thing going? You're a project scheduler right? Might be mixing you up with another Camaro owner.
You got me dead on.

Going good, I am still here at Shell, and they are keeping me very busy, which is a good thing.

I am looking forward to the next thing. Just keeping an open eye for now, trying to find the best deal...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

might of been my buddy kody. did it sound really modded??? he has a full built 408 by g-force. and i wanna say he has 3 piece forged black on crome ccws......but if not then never mind lol
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
might of been my buddy kody. did it sound really modded??? he has a full built 408 by g-force. and i wanna say he has 3 piece forged black on crome ccws......but if not then never mind lol
If it was his it had a good idling chop and then going under the 45 bridge and 61st he hit the gas, sounded killer, but getting on the onramp although it was loud it didn't really move like I expected. This guy was clowning around with some little car for miles, he'd punch it and and although loud just sorta eased along ahead a little, the kids in the little car (some girl driving) were laughing, figured they were friends or something. Definitely had to be an automatic though, maybe the stall @the speed he was clowning around held it back a little or something. Nice car though.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Had an ls1tech decal on the rear window.
Originally Posted by yepthatsmycar
Yep thats my car. Did you like it? I just added the 12 foot wing and I got the leds from auto zone. They were having a red light special.
If it was his it had a good idling chop and then going under the 45 bridge and 61st he hit the gas, sounded killer, but getting on the onramp although it was loud it didn't really move like I expected. This guy was clowning around with some little car for miles, he'd punch it and and although loud just sorta eased along ahead a little, the kids in the little car (some girl driving) were laughing, figured they were friends or something. Definitely had to be an automatic though, maybe the stall @the speed he was clowning around held it back a little or something. Nice car though.

Thanks alot man that was my car. If you look at my sig you can see I have a cutout and if you know what a built 408 with a cutout sounds like then thats why you heard the cam so much and why its so loud. Its really not even that big of a cam for the motor I want to go bigger. Unfortunately its not an electric cutout and i'm a little lazy to get down there and close it up so its stupid loud 24-7.

Under the bridge..........yea i ripped it, not gonna lie.

Getting on the ramp..........I definetely didnt even get on it..if i even "creep" past 2000 rpm's it sounds like im getting on it. Seriously that's why i try to shift between the 1500-1800 point all the time so everybody and their mom doesnt stare lol. That's probably why i didnt "move" like you expected me to... I promise you would have known if i would have got on it

Stalled automatic??.........its actually a stock 6 speed..only thing in the car left to build.

Just clearing things up for you I appreciate the compliments though.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vicouSS00
Thanks alot man that was my car. If you look at my sig you can see I have a cutout and if you know what a built 408 with a cutout sounds like then thats why you heard the cam so much and why its so loud. Its really not even that big of a cam for the motor I want to go bigger. Unfortunately its not an electric cutout and i'm a little lazy to get down there and close it up so its stupid loud 24-7.

Thanks for the clarification, very familar with the 408s, had a solid roller 396 myself, 525rwhp, 11.12 1/4 n/a and a 6spd built by Joe @T56 Rebuilds, highly recommend them for you. What's funny is when you pulled up beside us at the underpass my wife looked at me, smiled, rolled the window down and said "you miss PEPE don't you" ...of course I do, so when you hit the throttle under the bridge it was music to the ears

You inspired me to dig up a couple old pics and a clip from a year and a half ago,

Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=vicouSS00;11502814]Thanks alot man that was my car. If you look at my sig you can see I have a cutout and if you know what a built 408 with a cutout sounds like then thats why you heard the cam so much and why its so loud. Its really not even that big of a cam for the motor I want to go bigger. Unfortunately its not an electric cutout and i'm a little lazy to get down there and close it up so its stupid loud 24-7.

Getting on the ramp..........I definetely didnt even get on it..if i even "creep" past 2000 rpm's it sounds like im getting on it. Seriously that's why i try to shift between the 1500-1800 point all the time so everybody and their mom doesnt stare lol. That's probably why i didnt "move" like you expected me to... I promise you would have known if i would have got on it

Stalled automatic??.........its actually a stock 6 speed..only thing in the car left to build.

Just clearing things up for you I appreciate the compliments though.[/QUOTE

I'm the guy in the Black mach-1 you raced about a month about. Nice car and fast.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=BT03mach-1;11503590]
Originally Posted by vicouSS00

Just clearing things up for you I appreciate the compliments though.[/QUOTE

I'm the guy in the Black mach-1 you raced about a month about. Nice car and fast.
thanks a lot man good runs..wut all u got done to your car? numbers??
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

I miss PePe; that car was bad to the bone!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=vicouSS00;11503887]
Originally Posted by BT03mach-1

thanks a lot man good runs..wut all u got done to your car? numbers??
no numbers just exhaust and 100 shot. not enough lol