Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powermaster one wire charging problem.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Powermaster one wire charging problem.

Ok this is a pretty simple setup, we have the power from the batter to the lug on the alternator and even thought the alternator shoudl be grounded through the bolt we added another ground wire directly to the frame and its still not charging. we reved it to about 3500rpms and still nothing... the voltage gauge on my volt meter just sits at abotu 11.5-12.5 never going above that.. anyone have any suggestions? the alternator was tested before it shipped to me at was putting out over 14V cant remember the amperage..
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stock alt. has a wire that plugs into the top of it. It's called the exciter wire. Does the new alt. have a place to plug it in. The pcm determines voltage for the alt to charge. So it needs to be hooked up.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well on the powermasters you just hook up the main power wire to the lug. once the alt see's 700 rpms it will start charging or atleast supose to start.. there is a socket on the back side to connect the excite wire but I shouldnt have to hook it up like that.

Search this Thread