Header Question please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Question please help.

I need headers cause my manifold is cracked. But my car is lowered about a inch or so and i have problems with speed bumps with ground clearance. But my question is will long tubes be worse with a true dual set up? OR should i go with mid length to be safe?

Im look at PS long tubes or something else.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

true duals are worse than lt's in my opinion as far as clearance goes. i have hooker lt's and didnt have any issues with clearance when i had the ory, but i hit freakin street nipples with my texas speed catted y. lt's are okay, just make sure you get a good y-pipe and have a good shop install it. also, i dont suggest pacesetters...do it right the first time lol
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get the pacesetters LT's that Texas Speed has for sale, good headers and why pipe for the buck also heard they have good clearance. I wish I would have gone that route instead I bought some Jet Hots ceramic coated and hate them. The slip on header rattles like a maniac, and also one of the header tubes rubs on the motor mount bolt which also rattles. I spent $500+ on just headers, I wish i could have gone with the PS..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and stick with the stock cat back if u want good clearance, and add a cut out after the y pipe
Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

So far the best clearance I've seen are ours but if you scraping now on what I assume is a stock system your gonna drag anything aftermarket that you buy if it's the exhaust that's actually dragging. There have been pictures posted by a couple of the guys with or system and ground clearance if you do a search I'm sure you'll find them if you need help regarding our products shoot me a PM it's fastest way to get a response
Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pacesetters will tuck nicely but true duals would scrape all over the place. I'd suggest getting the Pacesetter LT's and tsp off-road y with an e-cutout in the i-pipe. I have tsp's catted y but it hangs really low.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nasty99TA
I need headers cause my manifold is cracked. But my car is lowered about a inch or so and i have problems with speed bumps with ground clearance. But my question is will long tubes be worse with a true dual set up? OR should i go with mid length to be safe?

Im look at PS long tubes or something else.
Any help would be appreciated.
My 1 3/4 Macs tuck up nice and even the y-pipe with gutted cats doesn't rub.

BTW, I am selling my Mac's with matching y-pipe, even ceramic coated, all for $250, or $290 shipped to your door in houston.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Any header will work. Drive with caution and if you do go true duals dont go TSP. You'll need custom work to get them to tuck without scraping all the time. If you werent in Houston I know someone that could do just that. TUCK EM!