What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 T/A What's it worth? Please read inside..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 1998 T/A What's it worth? Please read inside..

Hey guys.

Lookin at buyin a very clean 1998 T/A with 96,000 miles.

KBB value on the car in Excellent Condition is $6,900, but is it worth more? I am not sure if going by KBB is accurate on these types of vehicles, as the last few F-bodies I have owned I sold for more than Book Value, however that was not recently.

Here is some info on the car:

1998 Trans Am, auto, and optional performance 3.23 gear.

Engine - Mostly stock, never taken apart, always synthetic oil (Amsoil), never abused, no piston slap or oil burning, runs like new, runs very strong, never leaned on when cold, brand new plugs, MSD wires, and belts. 96k miles but runs absolutely like new.

Transmission - Rebuilt less than 3k miles ago with all good parts: Red Eagle Power Pack, Kolene steels, billet servo, Carbonite Power Band, Beast shell, Trans-go HD shift kit, Yank converter.

Interior - Tan Leather, Very nice condition with very minor wear.

Exterior: looks really nice. Car was apparently Garage kept or under a cover when outdoors. Color is Dark Blue, nice paint, window tint, Suspension and wheels are identical to the optional suspension on the Firehawk (Level 1). Tires could use replacing.

Planning to go look at it when I have a chance as it isn't local, I just want to get an idea of what a good offer would be on the car.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

kbb is catching up with these cars as they start to hit 10 years+.
98 is the least valuable year for the ls1 as of the many part differences from the 99-00 and 01-02. that being the bad part, i would still put it around 7-8k if you value it as such. new transmission and great condition add alot of value.

now theres some people who wouldn't pay 6.5 for it, and others that would pay 9.
if the owner is the type who realizes it isn't gods gift to the earth anymore you might be able to get away offering less than 7, but i have a feeling he is going to want 10k for it.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks!!