Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

brakes are stiff (makes it hard to drive)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brakes are stiff (makes it hard to drive)

I am working out all the little kinks in my car, and today something scared me. I drove it 60+ miles today and got on it and then all of a sudden it locked up. The car would not move forward or backward without making a horrible vibrating sound.

I called my friend and he said it sounds like I broke my rearend, so I pulled off the cover and everything looked fine. We started the car again (hours later) and it miraculously drove fine! He said it sounds like my brakes were locking up.

Now here is my question; When I swapped in the pedals my brake pedal on the six speed swap is STIFF, STIFF, STIFF. It feels like it wants to come out way further and I believe where it impedes the pedal from coming out any further is causing the brakes to be partially engaged. Is there something to adjust this with?

The pedals where a straight forward swap and I cannot find anyway to adjust this?

Also is there anything that would make my brakes lock up like that? I did not touch the brakes at all when I did this swap.