LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quick disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick disconnect

I am pulling my intake off for cam change on friday and i was pulling the lines off. the front one refuses to budge and the back one popped off with no problems. i worked around it for the time being, but now all i have left to do is pull the front fuel line off. any suggestions for getting it off. the last thing i want to do is replace a broken fuel line and God only knows what else.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wooshie
I am pulling my intake off for cam change on friday and i was pulling the lines off. the front one refuses to budge and the back one popped off with no problems. i worked around it for the time being, but now all i have left to do is pull the front fuel line off. any suggestions for getting it off. the last thing i want to do is replace a broken fuel line and God only knows what else.
Both fuel lines come off the same way, but are different sizes. Are you using the correct tools (5/16" and 3/8")?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the front one is acting like it is siezed up. i tried some whistle dick and that didnt work.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

probably already knew this but i just thought id tell you just in case

as you try to push the tool in, push on the line as you wer trying to connect it, then push the tool in the rest of the way and it should come off