LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

So what would you do to finish off this build?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what would you do to finish off this build?

Alright as a few know another LTx came my way and I could not pass it up, there was just too much good stuff with it including a Twin Disc Clutch. It needed a T56 but I happen to have one so it was a great deal for 3500.00 with all the extra's.

Anyway what I want to know is that since I sold off all my LTx stuff doing the LQ4 project purchases now I am looking to grab some items back and I am curious as to what others think.

The seller was not sure if the Heads or TB had been changed he said they were stock other than the upgraded valve springs and push rods.

Here is what I know about the motor:
355LTx Build (Currently has 16000 Miles)
-GM 847 Cam Shaft
-Forged Rods
-Hyperuetectic Pistons (Never even heard of this brand... and he went with stock compression)
-Upgraded Valve Springs & Push Rods
-1.6 Roller Rockers
-New Optispark
-LT1Edit Tuning
-Air &EGR Removed

I have been wondering if a better cam would a good place to start as well as a Ported LT1 Intake, the thinner Headgaskets and a 52mm TB. It also has the stock air box so I was going to look into a Cold Air Intake for now.

What do you guys think, I know we have a lot of good minds here and I would not mind some idea's that maybe I am over looking etc.

I have already put my BMR Adjustable Trq Arm, Control Arms, Pan Hard Bar, LS1 Brakes, C5 Wheels and Strut Tower Brace on it.

Last edited by Cross; 04-22-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hypereutectic is a type of piston, not a brand. The stock pistons are hypereutectic. Forged rods doesn't mean much either, the cheapie Eagle I beam rods are still "forged rods."

Unless you got more extras than you mentioned in your post, you didn't get that great of a deal at all IMO. As I'm seeing it you paid $3,500 for a stock motor with a mediocre cam and tune that you are talking about changing anyway. Did you get more with it than what you listed?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seller could not give me a full listing just that on the motor build. I made him put it on paper incase I got another problem out of it like the last supposed LT4 motor.

This is what else I got and have found:
-Taylor OTVC Plug Wires
-MSD Blaster Coil
-Throttlebody Bypass
Kooks Long Tube Headers
Aluminum 3" Exhaust Setup Off Road Y Pipe
Hooker Aero Chamber Muffler
McLeod Twin Disc Clutch
Aluminum LS1 Driveshaft
Rebuilt 10 Bolt Rear End with 3.73 Gears
UMI Subframe Connectors
B&M Short Shifter