Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Looking for engine rebuild shop in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for engine rebuild shop in Bay Area

Looking to have a '90 irocz engine rebuilt. it would also be to remove and replace in the car. i called one place and they quoted me $4k, i thought that was a lot of dough for just a stock rebuild. its a 5.7L tpi, im actually looking in to it for my sister and dont want her to get ripped off so im feeling responsible for her money. We live in San Francisco, somewhere local in the peninsula would be great since the car isnt running and would need to be towed to the shop. Thanx
Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by red_pacu1
Looking to have a '90 irocz engine rebuilt. it would also be to remove and replace in the car. i called one place and they quoted me $4k, i thought that was a lot of dough for just a stock rebuild. its a 5.7L tpi, im actually looking in to it for my sister and dont want her to get ripped off so im feeling responsible for her money. We live in San Francisco, somewhere local in the peninsula would be great since the car isnt running and would need to be towed to the shop. Thanx
You could save a lot of money by picking up a low mileage short block and swapping it in yourself.

For 4k you could swap in a LS1/T56.

Quick Reply: Looking for engine rebuild shop in Bay Area