LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job

1.) What do you guys think about color scheme? The paint didn't stick that great because we painted during high humidity but cool nonetheless.

also

2.) We gasket matched the heads-to-intake manifold and added MSD cap & rotor. I noticed it reacts and pulls a lot stronger and responds better (I'm guessing because of the MSD dist.) What, if any, extra power would the porting job have gained? My dad performed it and knows what he's doing, so say he did a good job, what power would you estimate? Just curious, thanks for the feedback.

Attached Thumbnails Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job-123.jpg   Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job-download.jpg   Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job-download2.jpg   Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job-securedownload.jpg.jpg   Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job-photo.jpg  

Old 04-22-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by My25thTransAm
1.) What do you guys think about color scheme? The paint didn't stick that great because we painted during high humidity but cool nonetheless.

also

2.) We gasket matched the heads-to-intake manifold and added MSD cap & rotor. I noticed it reacts and pulls a lot stronger and responds better (I'm guessing because of the MSD dist.) What, if any, extra power would the porting job have gained? My dad performed it and knows what he's doing, so say he did a good job, what power would you estimate? Just curious, thanks for the feedback.

The MSD opti is worth no power gain over a well functioning AC Delco/Delphi opti. That being said, your old distributor could have been bad, causing a weak spark or miss.
Port matching the heads and intake is worth a few ponies. Maybe 5 hp on a stock car.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably more of a "placebo" effect on the more 'power' your feeling. sorry. you gained probably nothing
Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

not bad, I plan on having my valve covers nickle plated (I think it looks better than chrome.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
probably more of a "placebo" effect on the more 'power' your feeling. sorry. you gained probably nothing
Considering I've driven that car everyday since 03, no placebo effect acquired. I think the distributor originally on it was burned out bad. I figured the porting job might have been a very small negligible gain. Thanks for the feedback.

Quick Reply: Manifold/Valve Cover Paint Job