Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Injectors and the tune...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Injectors and the tune...

I just bought a new set of 32# injectors to accomodate the new Nitrous system...

What's going to happen when I plug them in?? Will the PCM adjust to the new units or will it require some adjustment in the program?

I own a Jet LT-1 Edit program, downloaded it... but haven't even read the PCM yet... Any chance I can make the changes? And what would those changes BE?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its anything like HP tuners, you change the injector flow rate tables. There is a excel spreadsheet to calculate the numbers that need to be placed in the table.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
If its anything like HP tuners, you change the injector flow rate tables. There is a excel spreadsheet to calculate the numbers that need to be placed in the table.
Oh Man... thanks.

Now any chance that we know where one can find such a table?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Fellas I'm desperate here... Anyone know where I can find the info regarding the Injector flow rates, pulse widths and so on, for the 32# FI????

I've got all the goodies, NANO-Nitrous, MSD Digi-6-plus ignition, new injectors... but I'm a black hole of ignorance on the tune and as you know... without the tune, its all just weight... So any help would be much appreciated.

If there are any programmers out there who have this I am willing to pay for the info, if you'll send it... I'll spiff the old PP... I just NEED to get this gal up and running so we can bust a few blown mustangs down a notch or two... (I'm hoping for two notches, but one will due...they've had their way for far too long...) I'm sure you understand...
Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the LT1's programs. If I did, I'd be more than happy to help you out. There is an IFR calculator in the sticky of fueling. I'm not sure what size injectors come in those stock, normally if you don't kno what your doing, the offsets aren't messed with. There is more a science to those settings than anything. I know they are supposed to be changed, but like I said, you have to know what your doing.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a link to a spreadsheet with some stuff I use all the time. It has the IFR conversion stuff you need.

http://www.adam.com.au/mcardle/EFI%20Calculators.xlsx
Old 04-25-2009, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

MANY Thanks to all...