Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wont pass inspection...readiness test help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wont pass inspection...readiness test help

tried two times to get an inspection. I have hooker long tubes, ORY, stock catback and MS3 cam. Car was dyno tuned after the cam went in...

I have rear 02 simulators on the car.

when the scanner is hooked up, all tests complete besides the Catalyst and oxygen sensor heater...

Yes, I have HP tuners infront of me.

from codes P0131 to P0167 (all o2 seonsor codes) I have the SES enabled but error mode on some is set to #3 (no error reported) or on the stock setting #1 ( MIL on second error)

I just installed my 41lb injectors last night and updated it with the new tune and have only put 42 miles on the car since they went in...

I have a week before my inspection is up, does anyone have any idea's???
Old 04-24-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a thought:

What about possibly wiring in an actual 02 into the harness and hiding it somehow...but only wire in the heater circuit.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can either search "OBD II Drive Cycle" and follow the instructions to force the readiness tests to set or go into the scanner in HP Tuners and set all of the emissions related codes to "No Error Reported" (that's what I do) and that will set all of the tests as well. I just wouldn't drive like that for any extended period. They are there for a reason. There was a thread on here listing exactly which codes to disable, but I don't have time to find it for you right now though.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fast01
You can either search "OBD II Drive Cycle" and follow the instructions to force the readiness tests to set or go into the scanner in HP Tuners and set all of the emissions related codes to "No Error Reported" (that's what I do) and that will set all of the tests as well. I just wouldn't drive like that for any extended period. They are there for a reason. There was a thread on here listing exactly which codes to disable, but I don't have time to find it for you right now though.
so your saying set all o2 related codes to setting number 3???
Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's it. Just bear in mind that when you re-flash the PCM all of your status readiness tests will go back to incomplete and you'll have to go through an OBDII drive cycle for them to reset again. So, you can't just flash the computer and go directly to the shop for inspection. Here's my .bin that I use when going for inspection. I've never had a problem. To save yourself some time if you're overdue, go through and change ALL of the emission codes and the PCM will show all ready and you will pass. Just remember to save your old file so you can put everything back after you're inspected. I hope this helps.

P.S.
Don't just flash my .bin into your car. I have a segmented operating system to control a 4L80E and I've been dyno tuned for the LS6 that's in the car. If you take the easy way out your car won't run right or shift right.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
rbrock4l80emodifiedshifttcc.hpt (459.0 KB, 206 views)
Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

That's it. Just bear in mind that when you re-flash the PCM all of your status readiness tests will go back to incomplete and you'll have to go through an OBDII drive cycle for them to reset again. So, you can't just flash the computer and go directly to the shop for inspection. Here's my .bin that I use when going for inspection. I've never had a problem. To save yourself some time if you're overdue, go through and change ALL of the emission codes and the PCM will show all ready and you will pass. Just remember to save your old file so you can put everything back after you're inspected. I hope this helps.

P.S.
Don't just flash my .bin into your car. I have a segmented operating system to control a 4L80E and I've been dyno tuned for the LS6 that's in the car. If you take the easy way out your car won't run right or shift right.
alright thanks. I found a old thread where someone posted all the codes to change so I made up a new tune with the edited codes...I will see if that works

also, my car is a M6 so your direct bin file wouldnt affect me.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That should do it. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

That should do it. Good luck!
now, Can I change these codes right before it goes into the shop and will it go through?? Or do I hafto change the codes and drive for a little while before the test's will complete/start??
Old 04-26-2009, 07:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have to put 50 miles on it or so and that should complete the cycle.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you set all of the required codes to "no error reported" the readiness tests will set instantly. There will be no need to drive around. You can verify this through the HP Tuners scanner.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you pass?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Did you pass?
yup I passed...

its weird too...I flashed back my emissions I had on the car before and now my heated o2 sensor tests complete...so basically now all my tests complete where as before I needed the emissions tune for them to complete...weird.

Quick Reply: Wont pass inspection...readiness test help