Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I Need Powder Coating

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Need Powder Coating

Anyone know a good place with fair prices in orange county? Please PM with info.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

u need ur kulow powder coated from all the chorro..?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

http://www.primo-powder.com/
Old 04-24-2009, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by comanten123
primo is a rip off....
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
u need ur kulow powder coated from all the chorro..?
LOL i want to powder coat my new bong i got.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
LOL i want to powder coat my new bong i got.
thats tighter than jerrys tightywhiteys....shove that big kush nug in there i gave u today
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

i've got a guy in North Hollywood....GREAT prices.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default do it yourself

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Anyone know a good place with fair prices in orange county? Please PM with info.
I tell you what...do your research and you will find out you can do it yourself for really cheap....they even have kits you can buy and for the price you would pay some fool you could powdercoat damn near your whole car! lol
Old 04-25-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoody66
I tell you what...do your research and you will find out you can do it yourself for really cheap....they even have kits you can buy and for the price you would pay some fool you could powdercoat damn near your whole car! lol
we have them at work for like 100 bucks for the kits and the powder is like 5 bucks. Really easy to do.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Default Exactly

Originally Posted by lilpb1
we have them at work for like 100 bucks for the kits and the powder is like 5 bucks. Really easy to do.
I tramp through two other forums and you would be amazed at the **** fu*k some of these guys are puttin down on these guys for some simple *** caliper powder coating....Im really tempted to get into powder coating and cut the hell out of this high cost **** just to keep people from getting **** raped.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilpb1
Dose that mean you do it
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do u need done? I send my stuff in florida.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
What do u need done? I send my stuff in florida.
Damn jose, im asking local work to be done and your sending me across the country. LOCAL means Here in orange county, i don't mean the whole country as LOCAL.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol u didn't say orange county ca I was thinking orange county fl lol.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel free to send me a PM, happy to help if you end up wanting to ship anything. I'm in the Chicago area and you can see my work at www.thepowderpro.com

jmoody--kind of obvious you have never seen how much work goes into properly coating a full set of calipers and brackets. I've seen some guys try to cut corners with the home/hobby kits. Cleaning them with a wire wheel and tossing the powder on will net you less than good results, and poor durability as well. There is a difference, trust me.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

advanced finishing systems in Riverside is good, and very reasonable. my full suspension was $30 in gloss black
Old 04-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default no offense

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Feel free to send me a PM, happy to help if you end up wanting to ship anything. I'm in the Chicago area and you can see my work at www.thepowderpro.com

jmoody--kind of obvious you have never seen how much work goes into properly coating a full set of calipers and brackets. I've seen some guys try to cut corners with the home/hobby kits. Cleaning them with a wire wheel and tossing the powder on will net you less than good results, and poor durability as well. There is a difference, trust me.
Dont take it as a direct hit at you. I own my own business and make it a point to give my customers MORE for LESS....I send my employees out and shop places and intentionally undercut their pricing so Im practicing what I preach. Americans fuc*ing Americans is wrong and many have become so greedy and forgotten about everyone but themselves. Its just a little pet peeve of mine.
As far as the work involved I do know that its just like automobile painting and a good painter once told me that 90% of a good paint job is the prep work and I would assume it applies in powdercoating too. You started somewhere and learned the ropes which means its not impossible for anyone else to do a great job as well if they want to....most dont...hence the reason you and I are in business.
Anyway like I said...not a hit at you but there are some out there *** raping.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

hmmm do you still need to bake the items when you use the "home kits" ? i would guess yes. i wonder how i can fit my wheels in my oven
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

EmBee in Santa Ana does powdercoating...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by jmoody66
Dont take it as a direct hit at you. I own my own business and make it a point to give my customers MORE for LESS....I send my employees out and shop places and intentionally undercut their pricing so Im practicing what I preach. Americans fuc*ing Americans is wrong and many have become so greedy and forgotten about everyone but themselves. Its just a little pet peeve of mine.
As far as the work involved I do know that its just like automobile painting and a good painter once told me that 90% of a good paint job is the prep work and I would assume it applies in powdercoating too. You started somewhere and learned the ropes which means its not impossible for anyone else to do a great job as well if they want to....most dont...hence the reason you and I are in business.
Anyway like I said...not a hit at you but there are some out there *** raping.

10-4, I'm with ya bro.

What are some folks out there charging that you consider an *** raping? I'm curious on the prices, I only know the prices for one other coater that focuses on the LSx forums scene, he's a bit higher than me but not a ton.

I didn't start anywhere so to speak..taught myself and built the business 100% from the ground up, now I'm full time with it.

Not sure what business you are in, but something I CAN tell you that I've found with powder coating that's interesting is people are happy to pay more for proven quality work. Like anything in the motorsport and customs markets, reputation plays a role in price..supply and demand and all that jazz. There's no shortage of people that will try to take my business from me by cutting corners and charging low prices. Problem is they don't realize how quickly word gets out that they do crap work. I get at least one job a week where I am re-doing someone else's junk work. To be honest if someone is willing to believe that a person is going to match my quality for 1/2 my price..that's not a customer I want to deal with..logic needs to play a role in a purchasing decision at some point, know what I mean??