Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sttroker combinations

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sttroker combinations

I am wanting to build a big inch stroker, but cannot decide on hte combination. I am think of a sleeved block, Lunati crank, oliver rods, arias pistons, C5R heads, a comp roller valvetrain, Jesel shaftmount rockers. I want the compression ratio to be about 8.75 to 1, so I can add boost to it later. I am also thinking about swaintec coatings. If my math is close, to get a 8.75 compression ratio, I will need to run a 6.0 inch connecting rod, so that the piston rings are spaced high enough on the pistons, so I don;t have any sealing problems. What do you guys think? Any valvetrain, rotating assemby, block, or intake suggestions would be appreciated? I need help, I cannot figure out this combo on my own
Old 02-16-2003, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sttroker combinations

Since you plan on running FI why don't you go with the maximum durability and reliability offered by the 6 liter (LQ4) ironblock engine. Also, the ironblock will save you about $2,000.00 off the cost of a resleeved alum. block and will be that much more bullet proof, as you won't have to worry about sleeves dropping etc., like they occasionally drop on resleeved motors. I suggest for the FI that you plan, a 4.030 overbore with a 4.00 crank would make 408 beautiful cubes and would be HOT SET UP! Another strong option would be to get 402 cubes by utilizin the 4.00 stock bore of the 6 liter motor couple with a 4.00 crank. With 8.5 lbs of compression running HUGE BOOST you will have youself one bad *** 9 second something street Car!

Of course you will want to utilize the best forged components in your engine and either topline big valve Stage III LS6 heads or C5R heads, i would imagine would be great also. Do your research regarding what aggressive hyd. cam will best work for your forced induction application, etc.

MTI is currently building me a 427 ironblock LS1 Superstoker which will remain naturally aspirated and will utilize a 4.060 overbore and huge 4.125 crank. Car will be done in one WEEK and I AM GETTING REALLY PUMPED UP!

Good luck,

MTI 427 Roadster