Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprayed for the first time today....got a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sprayed for the first time today....got a few questions.

Ive got a Nitro Daves Plate kit. Ive jetted it for 100 shot. I believe its 33 f/and 5x nitrous. First time I tried it nothing happened but found I had my window switch on the wrong setting. Fixed it then all worked well. The initial pull was not what I expected. (have never ridden in a nitrous car before) But I can definitely tell its working. Pulled to 140 mph without a problem which it normally slows past 120 mph. Then we went and got a friends car which is a modded 03 350Z which can normally hang well at first then I gradually pull. We raced. I immediately pulled and continued to pull hard. My question is..... I get a little breakup when it first comes on. kinda studders for a second. Motor kinda pops a bit at first. After it shuts down I get a lot of backfiring out my exhaust. I think its getting too much fuel. I do not have a wideband or and I will not have a chance to get it on a dyno anytime soon. What are your thoughts on these 2 issues and will it hurt to move down a pinch on the fuel and run it again?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

I think I got a bad bottle.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a big shot with no look at the tune. i would say to get it on a dyno and dial in your afr.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

yea, i wont run mine until i get a tune. My motor is not going to see nitrous until a tune and im running a 100 shot.
Could i be fine? yea, but i would rather be safe than sorry.

Get a tune or somebody to check your afr
Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL! A 100 shot isnt a big shot. I have never tuned any of my stock ls1 cars for nitrous an one was running a 150 shot on a nos plate ran good gas in it. Then my ls1 swapped truck was running a 200shot direct port on it no tune straight race gas. Just change the factory pump out so you know you got the volume at the pressure you need it to be and the right plugs. The beginning feeling you might be feeling is if you dont have a purge it could be the lines clearing out air.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

A few runs were back to back and I wasnt purging between the back to back runs. once I did it ran okay. Didnt know if I needed to purge between back to back runs. We are talking 5 mins or less between runs. I know a 100 shot isnt a big shot. Im putting some new plugs in it this week and will spray again. Any other ideas?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the runs were back to back and it didnt do right then when you purged it it did right, you could have a line leak between the line and silonoid. Did you turn the bottle off? Then turn it back on. The big shot was coming from sulldaddy. I was saying to him thats not a big shot. As for the engine popping it could be a lean pop? Do you know if your pressure is staying up with the fuel thats needed?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

I checked the system for leaks. no leaks found. I did not turn the bottle off then back on. A friend of mine that has been running n2o on his nova for many years told me that if the nitrous sits in the line too long and heats up than I may have to purge between runs b/c the gas breaks down with the extended heat. I believe he said it turns to a liquid when hot.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

I had the same issue with mine. First time I started spraying I was having problems with it hitting the way it should. I kept forgetting to purge before I launched, then when I started purging it all magically started working. I too think it has something to do with the feed line getting hot from engine heat and purging it quick gets all the hot stuff out.