Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed true duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed true duals

Any one know much about the texas speed true duals? Would I need to get a different cat back? on that note can I even do cats with that system? I'd like to keep all my O2 sensors and such. Are they loud? Whats the advantage? Anything will help. THanks
Old 04-26-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

You will need to have longtube headers and no you wont have cats with this system unless you add them in. The front o2's will be retained in the headers and the rears will need to be tuned out or you can buy some o2 sims. Yes they are loud by almost every definition, but sound amazing, real deep at idle, and absolutely scream at WOT. The advantage is they will outflow most systems out there and they sound a bajillion times better than a Y-pipe setup. This system also weighed a lot less than my TSP Y-pipe, cutout, and stock catback.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

what he said ^
Old 04-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

I don't want to steal this thread, but I was thinking about getting those and having them dump at the axle...good idea or not?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rdemarce
I don't want to steal this thread, but I was thinking about getting those and having them dump at the axle...good idea or not?
The TSP duals are a dumped system and come in 6 pieces with band clamps. They mount to the floor boards behind the rear seats and dump right at the pumpkin. However if you wanted it out the back a muffler shop could extend it under the axle. Mine is dumped and I love it. Still tracking down little rattles in the car. It is loud and will have interior resonance though, some panels will vibrate as well. All that said I love the system and would reccomend it to anyone. If you are serious about buying it I would give TSP a call and Im sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions. IMO dumped is the only way to go on a camaro, they just dont look good with tips unless its a CME.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll call them tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Staging Lane

Only thing I didn't like about them was the smell of the exhaust without the cats. Other than that, you will love them but your neighbors will hate them!

Scott
Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HowdyZ_28
Only thing I didn't like about them was the smell of the exhaust without the cats. Other than that, you will love them but your neighbors will hate them!

Scott
If you delete the cats on any exhaust you will have that smell, might notice it more dumped though I guess. I love the smell of it so it doesnt bother me, most other people arent fans though
Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Smell actually smells better to me. It smells more like an old muscle car. They sound amazing at idle, but i find that mine has some rasp at WOT, am i the only one who says this?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HowdyZ_28

Scott
Yea that's proabably the #1 thing about the TSP TD setup I don't like. I love the sound though, picked up a solid .5mph in the 1/8th mile after the switch too through Moroso Spiralflow's.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt say they are louder, my xpipe is quieter then some catbacks.

it all depends on if you put cats in or not