Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need O2 Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need O2 Sensors

Ok so heres the story. I've had my truck tore down for a complete rebuild and had the wiring harness sitting beside my couch in the garage. Well as i'm putting it back together i noticed 2 or 3 of the plugs have been chewed off (damn dog). The one plug that clips into my tranny was a little mangled but still works. One of them goes up to my ABS. I think i can find where it came from but still havent as of yet. I have the two clips on the passenger side for the 02 sensors but i do not have them for the drivers side. I cant find where they would plug into or the plugs them selves. Can they be tuned out? I need to send my pc away to get tuned for all the other things i've done to it. Should i try to find another harness and start over (I've extended about 20 wires, have my LS1 injector pigtails wired to it etc.)
Old 04-28-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rear O2s can be tuned out because they're an emissions thing, but the computer uses the front O2s to adjust fuel trims (keep you from running too lean or too rich) and are 100% mandatory with an EFI setup.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should i go to the dealer and try to get the wire plugs, or does anyone know where i could round them up at? I think i know where the wires will go and they are all color coded so it shouldnt be a big deal if i can find the plugs.