Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

six speed transmission mount for 99 ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default six speed transmission mount for 99 ss

i have recently wrecked my front end and in desperate need of some parts. i manily need a tranny mount for my 99 ss. when i half *** get on it in first and second gear, my undrive pulley squeals and scretches on my sway bar.(i think thats whats under my underdrive pulley?) i got it put up in the air and saw that there was damn near no space between the bar and the pulley. so we jacked up the transmission and it lifted off. i was told that that is what i need to fix my problem. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WERE TO FIND ONE? I ALSO NEED A NEW FRONT BUMPER COVER?????
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

I have a GM transmission mount thats brand new for manual LS1. I no longer need it, so make an offer if your interested.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

You sure something isnt bent up front? I cant imagine a tranny mount wearing that much. If the mount was worn that much and the tranny was sitting lower it would cause the engine to angle up and away from the swaybar.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Teching In

yah for sure, r u sure it would be the right fit for my car? around how much u talkin?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Teching In

im not absolutly sure about that. that was my first thought but we looked under it and it all seemed to be in the right place. the main reason i say i need one is because we jacked the tranny up with a tall floor jacked and it lifted off the swaybar. i mean the swaybar is directly under the underdrive pulley so if thats were its suppose to be then yah, but if not then im guessin what i hit and ran over might of moved it.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Yes im absolutly sure it will fit properly and I will take $45 shipped. This is one of the newly designed GM mounts with the saftey lock incase the rubber in the mount ever tears. I purchased this mount from Parks Chevrolet for $102.85 back in August, it has been used as a paper weight on my minifridge ever since.