LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Sold the LT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sold the LT1

Well, I sold my 1994 Z28. It was quasar blue A4 with 70K on it and I was just starting to mod it (catback/cold air/3.42's so far). I've been struggling with the idea of selling it for a while because I just had too many projects and the modding was going extremely slowly due to trying to spread out the money too much.

I offered the car to my brother, who has been looking for a good car to start modding, and he snatched it up. I feel good about him buying it as I know he didn't get a lemon and I know it went to a good home. Plus, I'll still get to help mod it up as it seems like his plans for it are pretty much the same as I was going to do.

I'm sure he will get on here at some point, but I think the basic plan is to toss on some Nittos and then baseline it at the track as it sits (went 14.30 @ 98 mph stock with 2.73's, and dynoed 230 rwhp and 273 rwtq). After that it'll probably get headers, electric water pump, and 1.6 rockers with springs. After he dynos and track tests it again it'll get a good size stall and a cam (probably CC306 or something comparable). We'll keep you guys updated.

Sad to see it go, but excited about having more money for my other 2 cars, and glad to see it go to a good home.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey at least it's still in the family! Hope it ends up being a beast and you kick yourself for selling it Any plans for something else in the future?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Well, I sold my 1994 Z28. It was quasar blue A4 with 70K on it and I was just starting to mod it (catback/cold air/3.42's so far). I've been struggling with the idea of selling it for a while because I just had too many projects and the modding was going extremely slowly due to trying to spread out the money too much.

I offered the car to my brother, who has been looking for a good car to start modding, and he snatched it up. I feel good about him buying it as I know he didn't get a lemon and I know it went to a good home. Plus, I'll still get to help mod it up as it seems like his plans for it are pretty much the same as I was going to do.

I'm sure he will get on here at some point, but I think the basic plan is to toss on some Nittos and then baseline it at the track as it sits (went 14.30 @ 98 mph stock with 2.73's, and dynoed 230 rwhp and 273 rwtq). After that it'll probably get headers, electric water pump, and 1.6 rockers with springs. After he dynos and track tests it again it'll get a good size stall and a cam (probably CC306 or something comparable). We'll keep you guys updated.

Sad to see it go, but excited about having more money for my other 2 cars, and glad to see it go to a good home.
I'd say it was a good thing, trying to build more than one car at a time usually never works out. You should have sold the LS1 car though.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:17 PM

LOL, the LS1 car runs 11.9 @ 117 on motor and I just put a 100 shot on it. Also, I bought it in 2004 with 3,800 miles on it, so it's about as close as I could get to buying one brand new. I'm more attached to it for that reason.

I really bought the LT1 to have a toy to drive when the 02 is being worked on, and then I ended up picking up the G8, so the LT1 didn't get driven as much as I would have liked. It was a tough decision, but one that had to be made.

On a side note, when my brother payed me he gave me $1000 of it in 1 dollar bills and $500 of it in 10's and 5's (the rest as a check), lol. Now I have this big bag of money sitting in my room, lol.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

LOL, the LS1 car runs 11.9 @ 117 on motor and I just put a 100 shot on it. Also, I bought it in 2004 with 3,800 miles on it, so it's about as close as I could get to buying one brand new. I'm more attached to it for that reason.

I really bought the LT1 to have a toy to drive when the 02 is being worked on, and then I ended up picking up the G8, so the LT1 didn't get driven as much as I would have liked. It was a tough decision, but one that had to be made.

On a side note, when my brother payed me he gave me $1000 of it in 1 dollar bills and $500 of it in 10's and 5's (the rest as a check), lol. Now I have this big bag of money sitting in my room, lol.
Time to make it rain at the strip club.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM

LOL, they'd love me there today!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

where do you live again? like exact address and what not? hahahahahahahaa JP man.

So PSM bought it? no effin way and he is tryin to sell his LS1 isnt he?

You two are nuts, i wish my brother cared about cars half as much as i did.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM

LOL, no, my youngest brother bought it. He's not signed up on here yet, but I expect him to be very soon.

As far as my address...I'll tell you tomorrow
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I'd say it was a good thing, trying to build more than one car at a time usually never works out. You should have sold the LS1 car though.
hahaha agreed.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

LOL, no, my youngest brother bought it. He's not signed up on here yet, but I expect him to be very soon.

As far as my address...I'll tell you tomorrow
damn no fuggin way! you guys are A-holes. . . 3 bro's all driving F-bodies

And you're the oldest too, better keep workin on that LS1 so PSM doesnt pass you up
Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 PM

LOL, yeah it's awesome because there's almost always someone to help work on a car or cruise with.

PSM has actually run a faster time at the track, but I haven't tested my nitrous kit out yet so that will probably change soon.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 04-30-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Well, the deal has been done and my brother registered the car, so we'll be able to go cruising any time now I'm sure he'll make an account on here soon.