Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Another procharger overheat problem f1a

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another procharger overheat problem f1a

I have a f1a with fmic, becool 3 core radiator single fan still. is there anyone that street drives the f1 system and doesnt have a runing hot issue below 50mph? I have a 160 stat and the fan runs all the time, i was concidering adding the 9" fan but dont think there is room without hitting the headunit..... is there a super awsome replacement for the ati fan i dont know about? whats with the shroud blocking 60% of the radiator flow? Any info would rock it is still about 60deg outside and i dont know what i will do when it is 90+ out..... i'm runiing 830rwhp and was pulled away from my turbo setup to do the s/c which i really find more "streetable" but have been running into alot of small dumb issues! Thanks for the help!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have any issues running my F1R. I have answered a lot of questions for people on this its pretty simple to get them to act normal with even with high temps like we get here in Houston. I can drive mine with the a/c on anytime. LMK if you need a few suggestions. Oh and I don't have a becool radiator I have a stock LT1 radiator.
Jeff
Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a similar issue, put the 9" spal and it has gone away. 2 core HOWE radiator here.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:07 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sell the Spal 9" fan at this link. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=729

This link shows where we install this fan at. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/hotCars.php?car=62 The fan will clear your F-1A without any problems. Bob
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

careful cutting your shroud for the additional 9" fan. I cut my stock shroud for the fan that works with the P1 and D1 headunits as seen here:

However, the F1 is bigger than the P1 and D1, so the fan I had hit the head unit. I had to end up making my own custom shroud and move that fan up higher as shown here:

Moral of the story- measure twice with the fan in place as it will be on the car and cut once. I know this seems like such a simple and "DUH" statement, but I learned the hard way.

Oh yea, also btw- I am running a 16" 3000cfm fan i got from summit in place of the stock procharger fan because my stock procharger fan motor went out on me last year.

Quick Reply: Another procharger overheat problem f1a