Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 ECU(e40) wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 ECU(e40) wiring questions

Ok I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered. LS2 in my 350z..days away from running..

Can gateway hookup?

Fuel pump. The factory harness sends 12v to the relay to power the pump..so im guessing thats wrong? I could of sworn I read somewhere that the GM ecu sends 12v as well.. but someone said it gounds the circuit to turn the pump on

What is the engine control relay coil(c10) used for? Do I even need it? If so where does it plug into?

Also (c-13) starter relay output coil...on the 350z theres a thick wire that when you turn the key to start it sends power down that line..can I use that in place of the c13 wire or do I need to hook that up as well?

Since the Vss's are located on the rear end of the car and sends info right to the speedo what do I do with the VSS wire?..I know if its not hooked up the reverse lockout wont work

Stop lamp switch..the Nissan has this and when the pedal is pressed it sends 11-14v and when the brake is released it goes to 0..is this the same with the gto? If it is I could just remove and replace...

Extended travel brake switch?Need this?

And does the gm ecu need to have the clutch position switch hooked up to something in order to start?

Lastly..(c51) pnp switch..need this? The nissan one sends an 11-14v when its in gear and 0 when its in neutral...

sorry for all the questions but id appreciate if you could answer them for me.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel Pump: You are halfway right. One side of the relay switch gets 12V Constant. The other goes to the fuel pump. The PCM sends 12V to one side of the coil to energize it, switching the relay and closing the circuit and sending 12V to the fuel pump.

Sorry I can't be of help with the other questions, but I can only tell you what I know.

Quick Reply: LS2 ECU(e40) wiring questions