Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

AFPR & Injector help for Supercharged LT1 (Tuning with CATS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AFPR & Injector help for Supercharged LT1 (Tuning with CATS)

I was debating on posting this in the fueling section or LT1 section, but since this all relates to my supercharger I thought I would have better luck here...

I installed a vortech v1 s-trim supercharger on my 95 LT1. The FMU was crap and I am doing things the RIGHT way now. I am in the process of starting to tune the pcm using the CATS program. Before I even begin to alter the fueling with the program I want to address two issues;

First, my car is running very lean which is to be expected since the fueling isn't changed yet... but was wondering if an ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR would bennefit me with my application. I think just bumping the fuel pressure up right off the bat a little bit would make it easier to tune since the car is already sooo lean. I found this one at summit, rather expensive, but I don't know if there is any cheaper alternatives out on the market... maybe someone can chime in. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

Second, I know the stock injectors arn't going to cut it. I was going to tune the car with the stock injectors to see what the most I could get out of them, and to also practice with my tuning. After I have it tuned I was thinking about something along the lines of 30lb injectors, but not sure what is the best bang for the buck for LT1 injectors, and again maybe someone with experience can chime in.

Thanks for any comments and help in advance!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump... any opinions?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are running a relatively stock shortblock & have removed the FMU, you should probably look into the 42# injectors & a custom tune.

An adjustable regulator will also richen the part throttle instead of just the full throttle where you need it. This can help fine tuning, but you really need the tune to make it work.

I think Aeromotive is the only factory mount LT1 regulator available.

Quick Reply: AFPR & Injector help for Supercharged LT1 (Tuning with CATS)