Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Just got TT2's in 15x4 and 15x8, some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got TT2's in 15x4 and 15x8, some issues...

Just got my TT2's in today and tried them on my car. Couple questions...

The fronts stick out about 3/4 of an inch more than the factory wheel does. I got the wheel with 1 3/4 backspacing. Is this acceptable for the fronts or should the wheel tuck in more. It looks like if I put a tire on it, the edge of the tire would be even with the top of the wheelwell, like if you ran a straight edge down. Other than sticking out just a hair, the wheel doesnt come in contact with the brakes at all so thats a plus.

Just seeing if this is "normal" or am I being too picky?

The rears I have to find something better. Went with 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. The wheels stick out big time. The salesguy at the tire store I work for said they make the same wheel with a 4.5 backspacing but .75 of an inch doesnt seem like it would tuck the wheel, but maybe? Whats the recommended backspacing for a 15x8 rim? The salesmen said 4.5 is that biggest backspacing they make. Or would I have more options going with a 15x10s.

I really would like to do the Torque Thust 2s since I dont see too many people running them for a drag setup and they look awesome on the car. I dont know if American Racing would custom make a set for me or not for the back, or if someone has some ideas.

Thanks guys
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the fronts are good. I run a 15x4 Centerline Telstar with 1 5/8" BS.

For the rears, should of done some research ahead of time. With a 15x8 you will want 5.0-5.5" BS or with a 15x10 you will want 7.0-7.5" BS. I think the 15x8 will handle any tire you need, but given the choice, I would opt for the 15x10 if possible as 275 drag radials and 26x10 slicks seem to just "fit" better on the 15x10 with less bulge.

Regarding American Racing doing custom sizes, no idea as I've never had any experience with them, but huge props for trying to be different. Good Luck.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AR Will make a custom set it's just gonna cost you more then if you bought them off the shelf.

The rears will need to be at least 7.5bs unless your rear end is narrowed then you need to adjust accordlingly.

My custom tt2's took about 4 weeks to be made and delivered.