Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my HSW Plate kit on My 02 SS and sprayed it !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my HSW Plate kit on My 02 SS and sprayed it !!

Put the 100hp jets in her and sprayed it and that thing really impressed me. I had the Diablo on full HP tune and sprayed it just for a second and it blew the tires off at about 35 MPH. Toooooooooooo much timimg. put stock tune back in and she ran great but the car is not nearly as fun to drive on the stock tune. The Diablo definately pics it up running around but I know i will fry it if i spray it. I guess i need a Dyno tune or put a timing adjuster on it so i can leave the diablo in it and back off the timing when i am going to spray it. What do yall suggest??? Let the experienced minds give me the advice I need.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Banned

There are countless threads on this Do a search. Each set up is a little different. Dont take chances with the timing retard it at least 2 degrees.
In the kit you got Im sure it gives you guide lines to follow and charts.
I have HSWs with the Nano and I got the charts. Goodluck!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

what did you have the total timing at? You should get it on the dyno to verify A/F as well
Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Can't you pull timing with the Diablosport? Thats what I plan to do on my mustang...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
what did you have the total timing at? You should get it on the dyno to verify A/F as well
Hey Mike am I right in thinking your kits usually run pretty fat (plate kit) Someone was trying to tell me I need to be around 11:1 AFR before spraying. I know that putting it on the dyno and monitoring is the correct way. Any insight?

BTW I have your 78mm plate kit

Sorry to hijack guys
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zx9rgreen
Hey Mike am I right in thinking your kits usually run pretty fat (plate kit) Someone was trying to tell me I need to be around 11:1 AFR before spraying. I know that putting it on the dyno and monitoring is the correct way. Any insight?

Sorry to hijack guys
We do jet them on the conservative side right out of the box. It should be roughly around 11:1 though out of the box. I usually shoot for 12:1 as long as you have enough timing pulled. We can't jet them that way cause some kid would slap the kit on, spray in the neighborhood of 12:1 with no timing pulled, and blame us for blowing his motor. To get it up to there, you can just use the smaller fuel jets, just remember to pull timing and use a colder plug.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hijack guys
on motor most folks have their a/f around 12:7 to 13:2 or so and on spray around 11:5 to 12:0 or so. the nitrous will take care of itself.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Banned

We do jet them on the conservative side right out of the box. It should be roughly around 11:1 though out of the box. I usually shoot for 12:1 as long as you have enough timing pulled. We can't jet them that way cause some kid would slap the kit on, spray in the neighborhood of 12:1 with no timing pulled, and blame us for blowing his motor. To get it up to there, you can just use the smaller fuel jets, just remember to pull timing and use a colder plug.
I gotta jump in here too. (sorry) Hey Mike, I have your 92mm fast plate kit on my LS2 Vette. I just got Nano for it(4500) They say w/nano for example on a 150 shot they say use a 125 Nitrous jet and a 150 Fuel jet. to get 150WHP Do you agree with this?? Or should I stick to your jetting??
Thanks in advance, Im sure alot of guys are wondering the same thing
Mike
Old 05-03-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slow trap
on motor most folks have their a/f around 12:7 to 13:2 or so and on spray around 11:5 to 12:0 or so. the nitrous will take care of itself.

my run on the dyno was close to this.#s in my sig.awesome kit Mike.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Braciole
I gotta jump in here too. (sorry) Hey Mike, I have your 92mm fast plate kit on my LS2 Vette. I just got Nano for it(4500) They say w/nano for example on a 150 shot they say use a 125 Nitrous jet and a 150 Fuel jet. to get 150WHP Do you agree with this?? Or should I stick to your jetting??
Thanks in advance, Im sure alot of guys are wondering the same thing
Mike
I've seen standard jetting work and i have seen people have to down jet the nitrous or up the fuel jet. When adding nano it will change your tune up so i suggest getting it back on a dyno to verify your A/F. If you have a wideband gauge you can do it at the track and check your plugs. For safetys sake i would start with a 57N/35F (125/150). Its better to start from a conservative standpoint rather then potentially agreesive jetting. No different then a big turbo car starting on low boost and building it up as you dial things in.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned

I've seen standard jetting work and i have seen people have to down jet the nitrous or up the fuel jet. When adding nano it will change your tune up so i suggest getting it back on a dyno to verify your A/F. If you have a wideband gauge you can do it at the track and check your plugs. For safetys sake i would start with a 57N/35F (125/150). Its better to start from a conservative standpoint rather then potentially agreesive jetting. No different then a big turbo car starting on low boost and building it up as you dial things in.
Thank You!! Mike
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hijack guys
You don't need 11:1 before or after spraying. Pulling timing is safe, running rich is not. Monitoring on a dyno is also not the correct way. Learn how to read your plugs, you'll go faster and be safer doing it.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Monitoring on a dyno is also not the correct way. Learn how to read your plugs, you'll go faster and be safer doing it.
+1, reading your plugs is a great way to tune. Then you see how each cylinder is reacting to the juice.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

How are you liking the Plate Kit?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow trap
Wat...?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy4
+1, reading your plugs is a great way to tune. Then you see how each cylinder is reacting to the juice.
It's not that its a great way, it's really the only proper way. Wideband AFRs are irrelevant, only good for quick reference after the fact.

Originally Posted by quickblue2
Wat...?
You highlighted 12.7-13.2 on motor? The fast guys run that on nitrous.