General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car acting up again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car acting up again!

Today when I left work I noticed the high pitched whine right away as soon as I started to move. It was sitting in the sun all day. Even though it was warm out, I put the windows down with no AC. Got all the way home to my neighborhood and still could hear the whine very loudly. I reached up and swithced the AC on really quick and BAM! Car stumbles and all the gauge lights come on. As I pull in my garage I turned the air on off about three times. Each time I turned the air on (put an extra load on the motor) it would do this. Finally I shut the car off. When I shut it off the RPM gauge and Speedo both went all the way to max speed and rpm and then back to 0 again. Mind You, THIS IS AFTER I SHUT THE CAR OFF!!! I started again and it ran rough for about 10 seconds and then it started running great again. Plugs and wires are new, battery is good, just put in new fuel filter. The old one was clean. I figured if the filter was that clean then there would be really no sense in checking injectors? Has to be alternator failing. I am moving away from fuel pump being bad.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a failing alt...pop the hood and see if thats where the noise is coming from
Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the battery & alternator checked at AutoZone for free.