Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bitter sweet trip to the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 07:32 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bitter sweet trip to the track

Well, I went to Piedmont Dragway last night. I got 5 gallons of 100 proof gas and rolled straight in line right off of the highway. My first run was my best. 1.77 60' time 8.183 E/T @ 86.28. I was pumped up about that. They were running a lot of big boys up there. Those damn cars blow engines like I blow my nose when I have a cold. That being said, the track was bad about half of the night. My next run I was lined up with a early 90's Acura with a fart can. Being so pumped up about my last run and bad track conditions made for a really embarassing next run. I launched hard and proceeded to destroy the tires. I pedaled it a few times and still spun over half way down the track, by then it was too late. I got beat by a damn, weak ***, fart can having, SLOW ricer! He ran a 10.0 and I ran a 10.4 The worst part about it is that another Z lined up with him the next time and did almost the same thing I did. But, the Z edged him out at the end by .1 seconds. So now there is a ricer with a turd brown Acura going around here thinking that he can smoke a LS-1 car. DAMMIT!!!! Oh well, at least my first run was good.
Sorry about tarnishing the LS-1 name
Old 10-31-2003, 07:58 AM
TECH Veteran

The last two times at the track my first pass right of the highway, no cool down has been my best passes, these things like to be up to full op temp. I stay most consistant when I hot lap mine.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry, just find that ricer on the streets and he'll think he can beat you, then TAKE HIS CASH and his pride!, make sure everybody is there too!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

yep, in a way you just set his *** up!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks about the second run, nice first run though.