Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dedicated fuel system: do i need to upgrade my fuel pump???

Old 05-02-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default dedicated fuel system: do i need to upgrade my fuel pump???

ok my question is based around a H/C car putting 460RWHP with 11.3:1 compression and on a stock ls1 fuel pump. will be hitting it will a wet shot of nitrous and wasnt sure if i would need to change my fuel pump if i were to get a dedicated fuel cell/system for the nitrous? i understand that the kits have their own seperate mini pump so it leaves me wondering if i should upgrade my entire fuel system?
Old 05-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def get a new pump especially if you go wett or even dry there is no reason not to. Now on the standalone i have a nitrous outlet one and it works great. my a/f is perfect from the hit to end with no lean spike without any progression which will be hard to do without it or progressing the shot. I had a problem with my fuel not keeping up on the initial hit and causing a terrible lean spike for about a couple hundred rpms on just a 150 shot then would catch back up and level out and this was with a racetronix pump and hotwire kit. Found out every car will respond diffrent and never assume it will becouse someone elses setup does. Just my opinion and good luck!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

so what youre saying is once you got the stand alone your car ran better/safer? im am using a wet kit so what i was thinking is if i got a stand alone then there would be no need to even touch my existing fuel system correct? i am running fine with the stock pump and bigger injectors. i know that just adding the wet kit then i would NEED to upgrade my fuel pump to supply the added pressure to the rails but my main question is that since the stand alone is completely seperate and has its own pump then do i really need to touch my existing fuel system?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 AM
9 Second Club

If you plan on racing your car def. upgrade your fuel pump in your car. if you do a 100 shot then you would be fine w/ a upgraded pump and run your noids off the fuel line. If you go any higher then I would recommend a dedicated fuel cell. I have a Nitro Dave one too works awesome do 10psi pressure with 116 race fuel in it. Get with a sponsor man and they will point you in the right direction. Do you have someone there that can tune your car for more spray? If you bump up the shot then dont forget to run colder plugs. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ well the other thing is i would like to run a higher oct gas for just the nitrous which would require the use of a stand alone kit...thus why im asking my question is there any need to upgrade my existing pump seeing as a dedicated system supplies the fuel to the noid?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C Murda
so what youre saying is once you got the stand alone your car ran better/safer? im am using a wet kit so what i was thinking is if i got a stand alone then there would be no need to even touch my existing fuel system correct? i am running fine with the stock pump and bigger injectors. i know that just adding the wet kit then i would NEED to upgrade my fuel pump to supply the added pressure to the rails but my main question is that since the stand alone is completely seperate and has its own pump then do i really need to touch my existing fuel system?
Well i kinda figured you would already have new injectors or your 28s are pretty used up on 460ish hp. Im guessing your over 100% duty on the stockers. I would def do a in tank fuel pump no matter what you do. If your just doing a 100 shot you wont need a standalone setup. anything above a 150 i would run it but you might not HAVE to have it but its so much more efficent/safer with it that enless your on a tight budget why not?Tunning with it is a breeze also. And again this is just my opinion i would get ahold of harris speed works for any questions.

Last edited by 2001z; 05-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

FWIW, my walbro/fuel system is maxed out around an 80 shot. My stand alone should be ready to run this weekend..
Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
FWIW, my walbro/fuel system is maxed out around an 80 shot. My stand alone should be ready to run this weekend..
Very nice standalone you made man hope it all works out well for you. Should have went your route sometimes it is better to do things yourself then to rely on others.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dedicated fuel system: do i need to upgrade my fuel pump???