Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Will this work for 1000 rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Will this work for 1000 rwhp?

My current fuel system is inadequate to support my current needs. I have already purchased the Aeromotive Boost Ref Fuel Pressure regulator and the MagnaFuel 4301 inline pump. My original plan was to sump the tank and toss out the walbro 255 and stock regulator setup. The more I think about it, the less I want my tank sumped. For some reason, I have a major hang-up about dropping the tank and welding on it. I am thinking of doing this instead. Your thoughts and any pitfalls that I may run into would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There may be a few ways that are less complicated overall.

You will also be heating the fuel substantially by running it through 2 pumps.

Feel free to give me a call & I'll be glad to discuss a few different options with you. I now stock quite a bit of pumps, lines, fittings & rails for your fuel system.

I also have dual intank pump kits that will support your power level if interested.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 05-03-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Restricted User

To be perfectly honest, the only reason that I was considering going thru all of that was because I was trying to avoid the down time of getting the tank sumped (3-4 days). I really hate driving the beater.

Since posting this, another option has presented itself. My friend that is going to do the welding (same guy that did my TIG welding), just so happens to have bought a 98 Z28 as a project car that isn't on the road. We are going to drop the tank out of that one tomorrow night, air it out overnight, weld a couple of -12 AN fittings in the appropriate locations and then do the fuel system on the following night. Then it's just a tank swap. Worst case scenerio, I'm down for one day (for some bullshit fitting or something) and retuning for the new fuel system by Friday.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got one of Lonnies double pumper kits and very impressed. Pump assembly is all prewired and plug and play. Every fitting was right and in the box. The supplied harness is plug and play. Should be done installing it over the next week. Lonnie you should
take some pics of your setup. I realize thought there isn't that much to actually see once its installed.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Restricted User

Nice. I already have the magnafuel pump and aeromotive regulators though so that's the way I'm going to go.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will also need to get the tank sealed once it is welded it will rust in a hurry.

Nate