Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well you learn something everyday. APS inlet tubes/turbos are not what they are...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well you learn something everyday. APS inlet tubes/turbos are not what they are...

Ok there turbos in the New extreme (427) kit do not I said DO NOT have 3 inch inlets going into the tubros. There new turbos have the same size inlets as the old ones. Ok I lied there 6.5mm bigger... My new turbos I have are 81mm(3inch)inlets and the stock APS turbos are 63mm(2.75inch).
The intake tubes are 63.5mm (stock old inlets) and the new Extreme and upgraded inlets are 70mm. So why or how everyone thinks there new turbos are 3 inches is beside me..

Now I have $300 inlets I have to gain 11mm in size. I'm so ******* pissed right now!!!!!!!!

So how there making 1000hp with turbos that have 2.75 inch inlets is ******* crazy, and I call bullshit!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
Ok there turbos in the New extreme (427) kit do not I said DO NOT have 3 inch inlets going into the tubros. There new turbos have the same size inlets as the old ones. Ok I lied there 6.5mm bigger... My new turbos I have are 81mm(3inch)inlets and the stock APS turbos are 63mm(2.75inch).
The intake tubes are 63.5mm (stock old inlets) and the new Extreme and upgraded inlets are 70mm. So why or how everyone thinks there new turbos are 3 inches is beside me..

Now I have $300 inlets I have to gain 11mm in size. I'm so ******* pissed right now!!!!!!!!

So how there making 1000hp with turbos that have 2.75 inch inlets is ******* crazy, and I call bullshit!!!
Why did you think that the ID of the inlets were 76 mm's?

Peter
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Because everyone refered to them as the new bigger 3 inch inlets or the bigger 427 turbos.. I dont know alot about turbos by how do you get a 1.06AR without 3 inch inlet.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
Because everyone refered to them as the new bigger 3 inch inlets or the bigger 427 turbos.. I dont know alot about turbos by how do you get a 1.06AR without 3 inch inlet.
You may be better off to seek info from the manufacturer rather than listen to second hand info from people who obviously can't measure the ID of a hose.

Peter
Old 05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still didnt answer my question. You seem to do that alot. I'm looking for the thread right now...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Because he can never actually answer a straight forward question.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

What's up with sponsors lately? I've had a bad dealing with one and have been hearing alot of **** lately. What is the deal?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by letsrunem
What's up with sponsors lately? I've had a bad dealing with one and have been hearing alot of **** lately. What is the deal?
That is a pretty generalized statement. There will always be people unhappy with a sponsor and/or company. APS is what it is. Don't fault the others for the people who screw it up for everyone else.

What happened with you?

I do know there a lot of good sponsors on the board. There are many sponsors that post daily that actually answer questions that people ask.

Don't give up hope.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
That is a pretty generalized statement. There will always be people unhappy with a sponsor and/or company. APS is what it is. Don't fault the others for the people who screw it up for everyone else.

What happened with you?

I do know there a lot of good sponsors on the board. There are many sponsors that post daily that actually answer questions that people ask.

Don't give up hope.
You're right, there are a lot of helpful ones, but there are some that just seem fishy to me. (APS, Racetronix are my least favorite and I would never buy anything from them based on their posts and reputations here.)
My personal dealing with a sponsor is in the resolution stage. Actually a resolution of the first resolution so I'm not going to post my experience until everything is settled.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

You're right, there are a lot of helpful ones, but there are some that just seem fishy to me. (APS, Racetronix are my least favorite and I would never buy anything from them based on their posts and reputations here.)
My personal dealing with a sponsor is in the resolution stage. Actually a resolution of the first resolution so I'm not going to post my experience until everything is settled.
I respect that choice compared to some other people that have posted recently.

Everyone at some point has been mad/pissed off at a shop or company. Hopefully the shop or company will make it right.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:05 AM
TECH Addict

I have the same problem, called two sponsors for a long block build and neither one got back to me.

Have the money to build it, looks like I'll try a different one.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peter@aps
You may be better off to seek info from the manufacturer rather than listen to second hand info from people who obviously can't measure the ID of a hose.

Peter
PETER,
you come and go like the wind. APS on this site has a bad name because of you. the way you answer questions is with another question or a statment that is so far out there. and calling you on the phone doesnt help. the lady at the front desk says i need to talk to the dealer i bought it from in the states. well i bought it from you. so how the hell do i get help?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
PETER,
you come and go like the wind. APS on this site has a bad name because of you. the way you answer questions is with another question or a statment that is so far out there.
The original post was about the size of the intake hose and I clarified the size of intake hose immediately for you guys. I only get a chance to browse the forum once or twice a week so my replies will not always be that quick.

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
and calling you on the phone doesnt help. the lady at the front desk says i need to talk to the dealer i bought it from in the states. well i bought it from you. so how the hell do i get help?
I answer customer emails almost every day so all you have to do is send an email and you will get an answer within 48 hours unless we are closed for holidays. It not practical to communicate by phone because of the time difference between Australia and the US.

Thanks,

Peter