Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Cylinder installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick Master Cylinder installed

I had the Tick master installed last week... and last friday I went to the track to really put it to the test.

At first when I picked up my car after it was installed I could instantly feel the difference on the clutch without even shifting a gear. The clutch feel was much stiffer then previously. The clutch returned up faster, wasn't spongy like, and was just better. Driving around the city with a few quick shift, I never had that lost pedal feel like I have had previously sometimes.

But the true test came at the track. Could I go through 3 shifts at redline without grinding or loosing the pedal? The short answer is yes, I could. I ran my car 8 times at the track, a few of which were hot laps, with no issues on the clutch feel during the actual runs. However, I did still have some problems with the clutch pedal after I completed a run. After the run and in 4th decelerating, the clutch sometimes wouldnt return all the way up... and I'd have to pump it once or twice, or pull it up with my foot to get in 1st or 2nd again to get back down the return lane. Though this was annoying it was a LOT better then before when I ran my car, where the clutch would be completely to the floor or not working at all... so I can't say im not satisfied with the tick MC. It greatly improved my car.

In short, I recommend the Tick MC if you are having problems with hydralics! Great work Tick!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when are you pullin the trans to replace the slave?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDishong
So when are you pullin the trans to replace the slave?
I will not be replacing the slave until the clutch goes out. At that point I will also install that speed bleeder I got from Tick. I rather just do everything all at once then pulling the trans multiple times. The car feels great now, so I'm in no hurry or need to replace the slave.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by udienow
I had the Tick master installed last week... and last friday I went to the track to really put it to the test.

At first when I picked up my car after it was installed I could instantly feel the difference on the clutch without even shifting a gear. The clutch feel was much stiffer then previously. The clutch returned up faster, wasn't spongy like, and was just better. Driving around the city with a few quick shift, I never had that lost pedal feel like I have had previously sometimes.

But the true test came at the track. Could I go through 3 shifts at redline without grinding or loosing the pedal? The short answer is yes, I could. I ran my car 8 times at the track, a few of which were hot laps, with no issues on the clutch feel during the actual runs. However, I did still have some problems with the clutch pedal after I completed a run. After the run and in 4th decelerating, the clutch sometimes wouldnt return all the way up... and I'd have to pump it once or twice, or pull it up with my foot to get in 1st or 2nd again to get back down the return lane. Though this was annoying it was a LOT better then before when I ran my car, where the clutch would be completely to the floor or not working at all... so I can't say im not satisfied with the tick MC. It greatly improved my car.

In short, I recommend the Tick MC if you are having problems with hydralics! Great work Tick!
How much did your install run?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by molten vett
How much did your install run?
If they charge more than $100, then you are getting screwed.

I have changed the master out 4 times. I can do it less than 45 minutes if I have a friend at the end to get the bolts through the firewall at the end of the installation.

Seriously, take your time and do it yourself. IT is not that bad. Plus, you will learn about how the clutch actually works.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Cylinder installed