LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ntk ngk o2 sensor people common in

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ntk ngk o2 sensor people common in

hey guys i recently tried putting bosch o2's in my car well it ran like a$$ so i put the stockers back in... so since i got them at pepboys they wouldnt return them.. so i talked them into exchanging them for some NTK ones which are made by NGK. those are on the way into the store right now. anyone have any opinions on them or have tried them with good or bad results? i read someone on here said NGK makes the denso and ac delcos now but i havent seen anyone back that up yet.

i am asking this because if i install these i will have a harder time trying to return them to get store credit/money back then if i was to just try to return them new in the box. i would like to return them new in the box and get the densos but if the NTKs will be fine it doesnt matter to me.

thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't help you with your return problem, but unless it says AC Delco on the box, I won't buy it.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Can't help you with your return problem, but unless it says AC Delco on the box, I won't buy it.
^^^+1.
Just ordered a new set, should be hear soon.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

I am fine with denso since it's ac delco and I'd be fine with ntk if it is also. I don't car about the name just as long as it works. And I need a ac delco clone or true one. If I find out ntk and denso are the same I'll run it If not wish me luck getting y money back
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imma try to find you a link that I bookmark not too long ago, ac delco for 45 a peice. BRB

BACK !!! edit 42 buck

http://store.getgmparts.com/es10006.html

good luck, imma order from them when my are out.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Well I ordered 2 from the post above and got them today fast shipping! They are Delphi by the way. Not ac delco even know they aparently make some for them.. Put them in and the car hesitates while driving and idle is fairly rough with them. My stock ones just have a rough idle no hesitation at all.. Bosch had clean idle and hesitation. So I'm at a loss.. I ordered some densos from rockauto for 30 a piece I will see how they work out.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phantoms
Well I ordered 2 from the post above and got them today fast shipping! They are Delphi by the way. Not ac delco even know they aparently make some for them.. Put them in and the car hesitates while driving and idle is fairly rough with them. My stock ones just have a rough idle no hesitation at all.. Bosch had clean idle and hesitation. So I'm at a loss.. I ordered some densos from rockauto for 30 a piece I will see how they work out.
Call them for refund. Im sorry for you to keep buy diffrent part to try out, r u sure your o2 is the problem ?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

****, that sucks. I ordered some as well, I'll see what they are when they come in.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

well they will return them i emailed them.. they dont return calls btw..

now my situation is this.. currently the car runs fine i soaked the stock delcos in brakleen and then blew them off with compressed air and they work.. but last time i cleaned them they lasted only 4 days

i have denso's on the way... everyone says they are great o2s and all the ls1 people love them. but i have a lt1 not a ls1 they were only 30 bucks a peice and i cannot return them if i install them..

i found a place local 20 miles away that has ac delco on the shelf for 80 bucks a peice i asked if they were really delco or the rebranded denso he went and checked and knew what i was talking about and said they were the delcos.

what do i do?? spend 160bucks and get the right sensors that who knows if they will work but most likely have the best chance.

or wait til the densos come in and if they work great saved that 160bucks and it only cost my 60 or if they dont waste that 60 bucks and also have to spend 160..

im up ***** creek with this damn car
Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

well they will return them i emailed them.. they dont return calls btw..

now my situation is this.. currently the car runs fine i soaked the stock delcos in brakleen and then blew them off with compressed air and they work.. but last time i cleaned them they lasted only 4 days

i have denso's on the way... everyone says they are great o2s and all the ls1 people love them. but i have a lt1 not a ls1 they were only 30 bucks a peice and i cannot return them if i install them..

i found a place local 20 miles away that has ac delco on the shelf for 80 bucks a peice i asked if they were really delco or the rebranded denso he went and checked and knew what i was talking about and said they were the delcos.

what do i do?? spend 160bucks and get the right sensors that who knows if they will work but most likely have the best chance.

or wait til the densos come in and if they work great saved that 160bucks and it only cost my 60 or if they dont waste that 60 bucks and also have to spend 160..

im up ***** creek with this damn car
Might as well pony up and get the Delco's.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

just got called into work i am here now drove in with the newly soaked in brakleen o2's and car drove flawlessly was doing 90 for a bit. no hesitation idle was nice and smooth.. i have come to my current conclusion since cleaning them seems to help well the first time for 3 days when or if they start to fail again i will get a torch and heat them up to burn off the carbon like many recomend since its obviously a being dirty problem. just old i would guess since the car has 197k on it now. so to torch it is. and if i wreck em ill take the thirdgen up to buy those other delcos...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

just got home from work few mins ago the car performed great playing on the highway with a si civic well more like picking on him haha 40 miles down and still doing good with the soaked o2s

btw just did the whole seafoam treatment minus putting it into the crankcase btw i had 2 huge clouds from 2 fun pulls

hooker lts and ory so lots of smoke at idle... seafoam smoke that is..

Last edited by phantoms; 05-07-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

thats a very good looking car you have.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

thanks 94aquaformula. your car has has pretty much the same mods that i have. have you run it with all of those mods? i ran this with the lt4km air foil msd coil and opti stock non ram air hood pcmforless tune with a borla catback and alum driveshaft with the same rear and the z06 wheels got a 1.9 60' and a 13.5. since then i have added the hooker lt's ory and got rid of the egr air and stb and sfcs i havent gotten a retune yet for the long tubes. im kind of excited to hit 200k now since it so close, so i can have a low 13 sec 200k daily driver. before when i was around 155k i was like **** this is alot of miles haha

heres some better pics wheels and tires are dirty but car is very clean

Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Update I put the densos in about 20 miles ago and the car is flawless now perfect especially for 30$ o2s

Quick Reply: ntk ngk o2 sensor people common in