Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Lid question and SLP 85mm MAF Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Lid question and SLP 85mm MAF Sensor

Okay here's my question. I have a FTP Lid right now to go with my SLP 85mm MAF. My question is does anybody else besides FTP have a lid with a big outlet? Because I had an SLP Lid and I couldn't get that 85mm in it at all and ended up messing up the lid. The reason I ask is because my FTP lid broke where it is supposed to be clamped down cause it was rubbing up against the hood. Or if I was to get another FTP Lid what could I do to not break it or I guess not make the hood hit it so hard? I have a 98 Camaro SS any advice would be helpful. Thanks alot
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same setup on my Trans Am and to prevent the lid from getting bashed by the hood.you can trim the lower sealing rim to sit it a bit lower in the box. but it makes sealing kinda hard. you gotta get some smaller clips which is what i got from Autozone for less than 5 bux. or you could set your bumpstops on your core support to get the hood higher from the lid.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sticking the MAF inside the lid actually hurts you because you are causing turbulence. If the outlet of the lid is the same as the inlet to the MAF is the same you smooth out the air flow and will make more power.