Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

QP 9" housing studs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QP 9" housing studs

Hey,

Started to assemble my 9" housing as much as I can inside my apartment. How have you guys been installing your housing studs, I can get the stud started in the housing by just using the nuts supplied by I run out of threads. Do you pull the studs up the rest of the way when you have the third member on? Also they gave me lock washers but I have an aluminum center section, aluminum on lock washers is a big no no so I suppose I'll get some flat washers. I assume the lock washers were for iron third members?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could always use the lock washers ontop of a flat washer
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to get some washers and a spare nut and run the studs in all the way before you bolt up the center section.
you NEED to use those lock washers unless you use locknuts, which are a total pain in the *** when you are under the car.
you will have to get sae type flat washers, as some of the std USS type flat washers may be too large in diameter to clear some portions of thd case. i may be wrong, but it would be good to have them for extra insurance.

Quick Reply: QP 9" housing studs