Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness question ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness question ?

I'm picking up a used Wolfe 6-point cage Sunday. I need to order a harness tomorrow. Do I need a bolt in or a wrap around harness ?
Old 11-01-2003, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Depends on what you want to do.. The wrap around will work with no modifications. The bolt in will require a welded sleeve in the rear crossbar to work... I like the bolt-in better.....
Old 11-01-2003, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question

Originally Posted by 99taws6
Depends on what you want to do.. The wrap around will work with no modifications. The bolt in will require a welded sleeve in the rear crossbar to work... I like the bolt-in better.....
Where can I find the wrap around type harnesses? I called a few of the "mail order" places & they acted like I was asking for something that doesn't exist. I could really use a set for my other car. TIA
Old 11-01-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jegs has them... If you look at www.jegs.com you will see 2 types...
Old 11-01-2003, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99taws6
Jegs has them... If you look at www.jegs.com you will see 2 types...
That is one of the places I checked with and the sales rep I spoke with told me he didn't offer anything like that. I'll check over the site real well now and see what I can find. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DMcRacer
I'm picking up a used Wolfe 6-point cage Sunday. I need to order a harness tomorrow. Do I need a bolt in or a wrap around harness ?
Hey DMc we went with the wrap around with our Wolfe, worked out perfectly, and like said above, no modifications needed.

So, Does this mean you are going to make the shootout??

Clint
Old 11-01-2003, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bought G-Force cam-lock style harnesses from jegs. They came setup for both bolt-in style and wrap-around.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroCain
Hey DMc we went with the wrap around with our Wolfe, worked out perfectly, and like said above, no modifications needed.

So, Does this mean you are going to make the shootout??

Clint
I'm ill prepared, but I'll be there. My wife was unemployed for a couple of months, she just went back to work. Its been a financial challenge trying to get the car ready. I'll be driving the car down. I have to run on 17" drag radials. I done some testing last night and pulled a best 60ft of 1.64. And I wont have a potred TB or ram air. And on top of that my pro lights suck. But I'm still going and I will have fun
Old 11-01-2003, 03:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DMcRacer
I'm ill prepared, but I'll be there. My wife was unemployed for a couple of months, she just went back to work. Its been a financial challenge trying to get the car ready. I'll be driving the car down. I have to run on 17" drag radials. I done some testing last night and pulled a best 60ft of 1.64. And I wont have a potred TB or ram air. And on top of that my pro lights suck. But I'm still going and I will have fun

Thats great, the more competition the more fun it will be. Looks like we will be a little ill prepared as well, we've made quite a few changes to the car recently and havent been able to get to the track and see what it does, hopefully the car likes everything we did. And if it comes down to the tree we will LOOSE, lynda cant cut a light to save her life

Clint