Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing the nitrous this week, Is this safe to do??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing the nitrous this week, Is this safe to do??

All my mods are in my sig, and i have a HSW Wet nozzle kit with the all out access package, I was going back to TTP to have it retuned for the nitrous I was going to have it tuned for a 150 shot because that is what i want to have in it. But before i spray the 150 i wanted to get used to it so i was going to have it tuned first (because i had it dyno tuned after the bolt on a couple months ago and the timing is advanced) and i am not spraying any size shot not even a 50 until it is tuned.

I wanted to know if it is safe to run a 75 shot then 100, and bump up by 25's until i hit 150 just to get used to it more and more, with the tune for the 150. I know if you have it tuned for a 75 you should not run a 150 but i was not sure if it works both ways? The car is my DD so i can not risk blowing it up. And the HSW All out acces kit, came with NGK TR6 plugs,bottle heater so on so on. I also was going to set my window switch on my MICROEDGE controller from 3200-5500 or 5700. I have a M6 and 1st gear i shift around 6k, after that i shift around the 5800 range so i wanted to have the nitrous shut off 1 or 200 rpms before i shift.

Any opinions will help I want to get the Juice addiction ASAP
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd be fine having the car tuned for a the bigger shot and slowly bumping it up, but your not going to get the response in hp from running a smaller shot when its tuned for a bigger one. But honestly if you insist on building up to a 150, then dont even waste your time & money on all those pills, just put in 100 pills, then 150 and call it a day...or just run a 150 out of the box!

Also, when you get your car tuned, why are you not raising the rev limiter?? My car is an M6, and my rev limit on my car (on motor) is 6500. Also, I'm not sure how big of a gap most people stop spraying their car before the rev limiter, but I'm going to do 400rpms.

So normally I'd be spraying:

3500-6100 @ 6500rpm rev limit

But if i want a little extra out of the car, I'll bump everything up a notch

3500-6300 @ 6700rpm rev limit

or

3500-6500 @ 6900rpm rev limit

Even with those rev limits I'll be shifting at 6500, but bumping up the rev limiter will allow me to stay on the bottle for a little bit longer