Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sbc s13 coupe questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sbc s13 coupe questions?

I picked up an s13 coupe for cheap and couldnt pass and have a 327 block that was bored 30 over and we are building the 327 with aluminum heads 9:1 compression pistons etc.... but I have seen some really nice builds on the site and just have some questions?

Oil pan... I see that mckinney motorsports makes an oil pan but its 450 and I was wondering if anyone knows of a pan that could work or work with little fabrication

Rear end... How much torque can the rear ends of s13s really handle i cant see them holding the torque of a v8?

Headers... Does anyone know of what headers will fit without hitting the steering rack?

Im going to put a build thread on here when i start taking pictures of everything and was just wondering if anyone could possibly help with these questions

Im learning how to weld so that will help me out a lot im sure and I greatly appreciate advice whether it be good or bad so just let me know
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

-There is no OEM oil pan that comes close to fitting. your gonna have to buy one or fab one your self.
- I've heard from numerous sources that the stock rear can take around 550 RWHP, maybe a little less if it's a drag only car and will see more abuse.
- Again...Nothing for a OEM application comes close to fitting.
- Check out http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/ . It's dedicated to engine swaps for the 240SX, not alot of traffic, but there is a lot of knowledge there.

Have fun learning to weld. It's one of those minute to learn and a lifetime to master tasks.

Re'
Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

appreciate it man yea im worried about the headers mainly but hopefully i can custom make some and im gonna use a chevy 2 pan and modify it to fit