Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

pretty sure this is a scam, but what do you guys think?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pretty sure this is a scam, but what do you guys think?

I put up my old body kit on craigslist and got this email back after an hour..

Hello.
I would like to buy your Wings West Camaro ls1 Body Kit RS SS Z28 - $225 which you wanna for sale I saw the advert on craigslist and i am interested in buying it and i want it fast.I should have bargain on the price but due to my quick want of the item i would settle for that amount. I would like to make arrangement for the payment of the item now and i want you to know that i will be paying you with a cashier's check.If you are okay with my procedures you should get back with the name and address you want the cashier's check issued to so i can forward it to my secretary asap to write the cashier's check in the name provided and mail to the address with phone
number.
I would be so glad if you can sell this item to me as i am very much in need of it.As for the pick up i will have one of my worker to come for the pick up after you notify that you have got and cashed the cashier's check sent to you.Get back to me asap so i can know the next step
to take.
I will be waiting to read a reply from you soonest.
Stay Blessed and Best Regard

Looks like it's bs because he just copied the title "Wings West Camaro ls1 Body Kit RS SS Z28" i had on there.... anyone else ever get an email like this?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SCAM SCAM SCAM

A guy tried to scam me when these scams first came out.He sent me a money order for way more than I was selling the parts for and it just seemed fishy. So I took it to the bank and had them look at it and they said it was not legit.

Just be carefull because if you do turn it in when it doesnt clear the money is taken out of your account.Since these dumbasses started this crap I only sell things on craigslist for cash and in person pickup only.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

All the time. Yes it is a scam also. e-mail him back and ask him questions on what year his car is and what model and mods are done to it. That should answer your question when he answers back.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

yea that's what i thought, who would keep calling it "the item"
Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

damn if i was you id say yes, wait for the guy to come pick up the kit and call the cops. i am tired of these ******* replying to my 4 sale ads
Old 05-06-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

just look for bad spelling and the word advert...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

haha I get those all the time when I use craigslist...I usually just reply back something sarcastic like
"oh man yea I better give you my address!! Here you go!!!!

3453 Go **** Yourself Avenue"

And then I dont hear back from them anymore.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sketterman
haha I get those all the time when I use craigslist...I usually just reply back something sarcastic like
"oh man yea I better give you my address!! Here you go!!!!

3453 Go **** Yourself Avenue"

And then I dont hear back from them anymore.
hahah i did that once with one of those african inheritance scams. I told him i could trace his IP and I got a one word response a week later. "sorry" hahah

yea yours definitely sounds like a scam. Even if it wasnt a scam, i wouldnt sell to a guy with grammar that horrible....
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Launching!

why does he need your addres if he come to buy this he'll have money on hand... dude i get message like this all the time for anything its like a very generic message that they past the title every where they talk about what your selling or they just refer to it as an "item"

"i would like to buy your ITEM for sale whats your bottom dollar for the advertised 5 PIECE SOLID WOOD BEDDROM SET WITH MATTRESS FOR $600 in addition what condition is the advertised 5 PIECE SOLID WOOD BEDDROM SET WITH MATTRESS FOR $600" that one i had got copied and pasted it went on to say about a bank check, needing my email , address, phone, number, name, and how he would ave his secritary arange pickup for my "ITEM" and how he would add $1450 to the check in order for me to pay the person picking up the ITEM to ship it cause he's in the UK in the army (as if there is no furniture he could buy there or some thing, i mean the shipping is more the the furniture its self)

i think its hillarios to read it then click the next on from "someone else" and it say the exact same thing lol
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
hahah i did that once with one of those african inheritance scams. I told him i could trace his IP and I got a one word response a week later. "sorry" hahah

yea yours definitely sounds like a scam. Even if it wasnt a scam, i wouldnt sell to a guy with grammar that horrible....
thats funny i got 1 one time that said that some one had put a "hit" on me and the guy wanted $32,000 which is $2000 more then what they had paid to have me killed about two weeks after i even got an email... I WAS 13 FOR GOSH SAKES MY ENEMIES WOULD LIKE FIGHT ME IN THE HALL NOT PUT A HIT ON ME well i told my parents they told me it was a scam and tried to explain it to me but oh man every noise i heard i thought it was someone trying to kill me, i didn't even wanna go out side or to school i even kept my blinds shut in the day time and my lights shut at night so there was no shadow of me through the blinds

the FBI web page has a link where you forward e mails like that though and my parents sent it there.... you should send yours there too lol
ah memories
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

lol you think these people would have someone proof read these scams to make them seem more legit
Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have dealt with this same guy before and he is legit. He definitely can't speak english, but he is a stand up guy and pays. TRUST HIM!!!

Just kidding lol, **** these scams.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

lol two more scams for my borla catback i put up for sale:

Hello, i saw your advert for sale and am really interested in buying
the item. Pls get back to me with the present condition and the recent
picture of the item.

best regards

and

I am okay with the price of this item and the condition of items and we will like to make an outright purchase of this particular item immediately because we are in need of it and we want to get it as soon as possible, I anticipate that a Money Order or Certified Check will be sent to you via express mail or UPS or FedEx as the mode of payment,concerning the pickup, i will be responsible for that, where the mover will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i want you to remove this item from the ad now. So i will send the payment which will include the pick up charges, in which you will make payable to the mover via Money Gramm/Western Union immediately after you have receive the payment and you will be compensated with $10 extra for your running around to the Money Gram/Western Union outlet to avoid the delay. And I would really love to come for the viewing but due to my work frame that might not be possible....and I will like you to provide the following payment information below as soon as possible;
full name ..............
full home address (physical
City................
state...............
zip code............
tel#............

As soon as this is provided i will let you know when payment is mailed out and i will update you on when you will receive the payment and give you instructions on what to do....
thanks and i hope we handle this in good faith......

Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Items never change hands unless the money is good.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hlaalu
lol you think these people would have someone proof read these scams to make them seem more legit
dude shhhhh dont give these retarted people any ideas... damn bro!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:32 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by Fotis
dude shhhhh dont give these retarted people any ideas... damn bro!!!!
hahaha, i get a ton of these scammers on craigslist. and my email asking help in transferring funds n ****, best part is givin them some bs story

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pretty sure this is a scam, but what do you guys think?