Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Power Chipz ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Chipz ???

Anyone have this installed or know anything about them ? They are on E-Bay and are from, Performance Parts Inc, Sounds to quick,easy, and cheap, to be true. My 97 TA is all stock and was wondering if this mod might be worth looking into.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Diamond Dug
Anyone have this installed or know anything about them ? They are on E-Bay and are from, Performance Parts Inc, Sounds to quick,easy, and cheap, to be true. My 97 TA is all stock and was wondering if this mod might be worth looking into.
paypal me the money and than ill call you....put the phone next to your car...BAMMM! you'll get the same outcome...
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Thanks TNT, I suspected that. I'm old enough to know if it sounds to good somethings wrong. I played around with motors and Mods in the early 70's but all this electronic **** is beyond me. That's why I joined this forum. Hoped all you young guys can help an old hippie out with this kind of stuff. Not into drag racing an stuff just want her to sound good ,look good, and take off like a bat out of hell when I step her down. Next Mod is the Magna Flo cat backs.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your looking for mail order, PCMforless or a company along those lines are what you need.

I have never heard of Powerchipz.

Actually you might be better off with a hand held tuner that has different files to suit your needs. The newer LSX tunes have been proven in GMHTP to give about 12-18 hp to the tire on a car that had a Locked PCM and a aftermarket Lid.

Results were all with in range, nothing drastically different from one company to another.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Diamond Dug
Thanks TNT, I suspected that. I'm old enough to know if it sounds to good somethings wrong. I played around with motors and Mods in the early 70's but all this electronic **** is beyond me. That's why I joined this forum. Hoped all you young guys can help an old hippie out with this kind of stuff. Not into drag racing an stuff just want her to sound good ,look good, and take off like a bat out of hell when I step her down. Next Mod is the Magna Flo cat backs.
I understand. yeah, stay away from those gimmicks. you're better off, like Black said above, going with a Mail order tune or finding someone local to you that can tune it. you may or may not see some HP gains depending on your mods etc.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

No, don't waste your money.

Quick Reply: Power Chipz ???