Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slave cylinder question?? t-56

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave cylinder question?? t-56

i have a 93' lt1 and have been dealing with pinpointing my clutch contamination for a while now.. the question i have is, does it matter if the zip ties on the slave cylinder are busted?? and is it rare for these to leak??

my pedal has been spongy and im thinking maybe my slave is leaking?? ive already changed my rear main and oil pan gasket and there is still drips on the trans. the clutch fluid was also reallly low the last time i checked.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

if its leaking it sounds like you need a new slave. my friend got his at autozone, it was pretty cheap and had the same stamp on it that my LS1 slave from scoggin dickey had on it. and the zipties are on for when you install it, once you push the pedal the first time they snap.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

alrite i should've figured about the zip ties.. i just replaced the clutch and before that the slave has never been touched.. what could cause a leak like this? also is there anyway to tell if the drips from the trans are oil or brake fluid?
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

well being its an lt1 and you said its the original slave im assuming it has a fair amount of years on it. the seals inside the slave will eventually wear out and start to leak. and as for telling what fluid it is, brake fluid is usually pretty clear unless it gets burnt up (which in are car it does.....quite quickly. lol) but i would just smell it. if it smells like oil, its oil....if it smells like rotten ****, its brake fluid. ....however if it smells like rotten **** and is red, then its tranny fluid.

Quick Reply: Slave cylinder question?? t-56