Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Experience with Madman LCA's and PHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Experience with Madman LCA's and PHR

I have been watching the GP for Madman's aluminum LCA's and PHR, and think they look like good units at an affordable price. Before I ordered, I just wanted to see if anyone else is running them, and what their experience has been. They are the billet aluminum pieces, with adjustable rod ends.

These would be going on my daily driver. It is 99% street, and occasional trip to the dragstrip, and no time on a roadcourse. I am looking for something to give me some better grip on launch and overall decent handling. These are my concerns:
1. The longevity of the rod ends
2. The strength of aluminum in this application
3. Any added road noise.

If you guys have any input on these things, I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-02-2003, 07:44 AM

Question-answers

Rod ends---Teflon lined for longer life.
I have had them on my car for over 36,000 miles

Strength---I have them on my 9-10 sec t-brake drag car..PAIN has them on his Monster and MADMAN has them on his 8 sec lt1 so the strength is there my friend.

Since the rod ends are teflon lined, the ball is tight and shielded with a copper like gasket to reduce noise. I have had no noise on my car but if you drive down a dirt road with pot holes, im sure you will hear them. It also helps to get everything locked down tight also...

Anyone else would like to chime in...There are alot (I mean alot) of guy's running our products (street and drag)
Old 11-03-2003, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt.

anyone else???
Old 11-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Launching!

I have them. I drive on bad roads (Washing DC area). They make some noise, but frankly no more than the poly stuff I had on before. It is just a different kind of noise. They REALLY helped how the car responded. It has made my Camaro much more fun to drive, even in rush hour. Go for it, so far this ranks as one of the best mods I've done.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

I have BADZ's PHB and it works great and is good quality. The rod ends are much better quality than the rod ends supplied with my PA A-arms.

I can't hear any additional noise from mine.

I guess the only down side is you do have to buy new bolts, nuts and washers and drill out your factory brackets to fit. This is not a major problem but instructions would be helpful to tell you what lenght/size to buy. You can drill the passenger side out by holding the drill bit in vice grips and twisting. No room for a drill motor.

Sure like having my rear end centered perfectly now.

Last edited by Larry; 11-05-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:33 PM

Larry, this has been corrected some time ago, no need for any modification's at all...Just install and GO.....You only need your stock nuts and bolts!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BADZ, I bought some LCAs and your Panhard bar on your last GP. I havent put them on yet, but will they work without any modification or am I going to have to buy the extra parts and drill out my brackets? I was under the assumption when I bought them that they were ready to go.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Trojan T/A
BADZ, I bought some LCAs and your Panhard bar on your last GP. I havent put them on yet, but will they work without any modification or am I going to have to buy the extra parts and drill out my brackets? I was under the assumption when I bought them that they were ready to go.
I've had mine for a couple months now. Yours is probably ok. My luck usually goes this way as I generally get the prototype. My Hellwig rear bar was full of required modifications. It's probably corrected now. My PA K member and A-arms was really full of problems. My luck again!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:38 PM

You should be fine as I have had no questions about them since the first GP...

Quick Reply: Experience with Madman LCA's and PHR