Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good nitrous set up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this a good nitrous set up?

I just ordered a Nitrous Outlet kit that comes with a plate set up. It is a complete package so I don't think I should need anything else. I most likely will install a Walboro 255 just to make sure it gets enough fuel.

What are your thoughts on this system? Good quality?

The item # I got was NO-Group 2: LS1 78mm Plate System w/Stage 3 and Dual Window Switch

I'm going to install this when I do my head/cam swap so I can trailer it down and get it tuned all in one shot.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

id say its perfect for ya....easy to install and one bad *** kit
Old 05-09-2009, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

The guy I spoke to at nitrous outlet said that when I install a Fast 90/90 all I had to do to upgrade is buy a 90mm plate if I didn't want to go direct port. Sound pretty straightforward?

I read the sticky talking about max recommended nitrous shot (150) for stock bottom ends and figured I'd start out with 100.

Is there a major learning curve launching on the juice? I've only run blowers in the past so it wasnt much of an issue. I was told with this system I can lock out gears so it doesnt fire right at the tree. When should I blast it, midway up the torque curve in 2nd. I have an A4 btw? We spoke about a progressive controller but I can buy that down the road if I like nitrous. I'm really fond of blowers so this may only be a stepping stone to a D1SC and I could still use a small shot to cool things down.

One more question. Are these jets accurate? I saw another post on here the yesterday where some guy said he was making 160hp on a 100hp pill? What are your experiances with this system pertaining to accuracy?

Thanks