Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS install instructions

Old 05-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS install instructions

any one have a .pdf of the instructions??

all I really need is how to set up the oiling system.

thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

I did mine without the instructions, just ask on here or search for which part you are working with. Did you buy a used kit, and you have all the parts? Or are you missing parts? There is an oil preasure port on the drivers side rear of the motor, remove it and drill and tap it for the oil feed. The kit came with a stainless line to run to the back, there is a check valve on the turbo. I mounted my return pump behind the drivers side rear seat. You can run the return line back to the oil fill cap (that is how it comes) many people drill and tap the oil pan. I welded a bung on the passenger side valve cover and ran it back there. There are alot of people on here that know alot more than I do...just ask, you may even be able to get pics....
Old 05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zapp168
I did mine without the instructions, just ask on here or search for which part you are working with. Did you buy a used kit, and you have all the parts? Or are you missing parts? There is an oil preasure port on the drivers side rear of the motor, remove it and drill and tap it for the oil feed. The kit came with a stainless line to run to the back, there is a check valve on the turbo. I mounted my return pump behind the drivers side rear seat. You can run the return line back to the oil fill cap (that is how it comes) many people drill and tap the oil pan. I welded a bung on the passenger side valve cover and ran it back there. There are alot of people on here that know alot more than I do...just ask, you may even be able to get pics....
what is the check valve for on the turbo oil feed?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mk1973
what is the check valve for on the turbo oil feed?
There is a check valve on the turbo side of the line, there is just enough tension on the valve that when you shut your car off it holds the oil in the line from running into the turbo. If it goes, or you don't have it, when you first start your car you will get smoke and it will blow oil into the preasure side.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zapp168
There is a check valve on the turbo side of the line, there is just enough tension on the valve that when you shut your car off it holds the oil in the line from running into the turbo. If it goes, or you don't have it, when you first start your car you will get smoke and it will blow oil into the preasure side.
Thanks for the input, I am getting ready to install my DIY rear mount and didn't have a check valve! I will get one before I install the kit..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Any idea where to get one of these valves?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

OP:

PM me with your email ill hook you up they are a **** to find

Search this Thread