Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Having 2nd thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having 2nd thoughts!

Guys I'm in a delima. As some may know my car was in an accident and is getting fixed. I should have it back next week.

On the car right now I have 17x9.5 black w/ machined lip zo6's all the way around. I wanted to run a wider tire so I picked up a set of 17x9.5 and 17x11 black with polished lip zr1's to put on when I get my car back.

I'm now having second thoughts about putting the zr1's on. I like the look of them, but now I'm thinking of buying 2 18x10.5 black w/ machined lip zo6's and running a 315 on them. I love how the zo6's look on my car.

Any help and opinions please???!!!!

Here are some pictures:

car with zo6's

zr1's

Old 05-09-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally prefer the ZR1's, kinda like the TTII's, you can't deny the appeal. However, it sounds like your trying to be just a little bit different, which is the criticism of the TTII's.
Black tends to make the rims look small, so I think 18" ZO6's in the back would be fine...but if you want to be different, how about painting the black ZR1's anthricite grey to kinda match your SS sticker. That combo definitely looks good with a red car and would keep the rims from looking small?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DriftR
I personally prefer the ZR1's, kinda like the TTII's, you can't deny the appeal. However, it sounds like your trying to be just a little bit different, which is the criticism of the TTII's.
Black tends to make the rims look small, so I think 18" ZO6's in the back would be fine...but if you want to be different, how about painting the black ZR1's anthricite grey to kinda match your SS sticker. That combo definitely looks good with a red car and would keep the rims from looking small?
Thanks for the opinion. I really want to stay with black rims. I really like how the look on my car. I do want to be a little different, but I can't get to unique with either of the two rims. I was even thinking of a paint matched lip on either of the rims would look good, but would hate to mess them up.