Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help guys

I took my SS to the track last week. She ran a 7.8 @ 93mph with a 1.6 60ft. I had some issues with her when I would make my passes. 1st I would heat my tires up, then launch about 2800 rpm. the car would make it about 80 ft and fall on its face for about a second. Then it would kick like a mule a put you back in the seat. It did this to me several times. The worst one happened right at the end. I was turning onto the return road when she died. I had hell getting her started. When I decided not to do a burn out, the car didn't hesitate at all, i shot out of the hole fast as hell, but kept having to let off of it because I couldn't hold traction for sh*t!! I also have a SES light on. I ran the code and it said TPS sensor malfunction. I replaced the sensor, light still comes on. I took the TB off, took the sensors out, and cleaned everything. Car still throws the same code. Before the SES light decides to stay on it will flash at me. When I hook up a scanner to it when it flashes it tells me that there are no trouble codes!!!! Please help!!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

I hope this is the right section for this. I posted in this section because I have noticed the high amount of automotive knowledge the people in this section usually posess. Any input would be highly appreciated.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advanced Tech isn't the right place; this is a general "what's wrong with my car" thread. It could have went in maintenance, but more people will view it in Gen III internal section than GM or AT anyway. Moved.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try a sensor relearn. You have to unplug the sensor turn on the ignition, but don't start the car, let it set like that 30 sec. then turn it off, plug in the sensor and start the car. I think that is the relearn process.
Check your wires as well, one may be bad.
Did you do any fileing on the throttle body, so the blade opens fully. Some people have removed to much and the throttle opens to far and messes up the sensor.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vaticano
Try a sensor relearn. You have to unplug the sensor turn on the ignition, but don't start the car, let it set like that 30 sec. then turn it off, plug in the sensor and start the car. I think that is the relearn process.
Check your wires as well, one may be bad.
Did you do any fileing on the throttle body, so the blade opens fully. Some people have removed to much and the throttle opens to far and messes up the sensor.
No filing has been done on the TB. I'll try the relearn, but now it will act like it chugging at low rpm, then it will hit about 3k and decide it's a full blown race car.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you pulled off your TPS did you inspect it to see if the internals busted up? Ive seen it happen more than once.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
When you pulled off your TPS did you inspect it to see if the internals busted up? Ive seen it happen more than once.
internals were fine. could it be that the misfire values are set to low?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Bryan Pavlock is the one who set it up. He said that the values were to low and was supposed to have changed them. Maybe they just weren't set high enough.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 05-15-2009, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlawfireman
internals were fine. could it be that the misfire values are set to low?
From what I understand some TPS's reset their lower values themselves. Im not 100% sure.