Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New fuel pump test help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New fuel pump test help

I am trying to test the fuel pump in my new tank setup. I know this might be basic but: if i put 12v hot lead on the grey wire and ground the black wire on the frame this should run the pump unless i am missing something?? I only ask because it is not running the pump motor. If i measure the ohms across the black ground and the grey wire it reads 3.2 ohms...any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:00 PM
11Second Club

Yeah, it should definitely be pumping if you've got a hot connected to the gray wire and a good ground connect to the black wire. Have you taken a multimeter from the hot wire to the ground just to make sure you've got potential? Is this just a replacement stocker, or is it something aftermarket?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Teching In

I have a multimeter but am not sure what i should be trying to measure? Should i be checking resistance across the 2 wires? It is aftermarket tank for a 69 camaro, spectra tank supposedly has OEM fuel pump in it.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
11Second Club

Check to be sure that you see 12V between the hot wire and the ground wire just to make sure you don't have a bad connection somewhere.