Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just received my TNT F1 Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Just received my TNT F1 Kit!!!

My kit cam in yesterday I immediately sat down with a friend and went through all of the parts list to ensure everything was there. I was mising a few elecrical connectors (no big deal have plenty laying around the house). I was also missing one of the solenoid brackets. When we went to start looking at how to assemble the ring there was no hole in between the nozzles to even mount the brackets and the kit was also missing the bolt to mount it. There is to holes in the ring but they both have allen heads in them one of them is verey small and the other on is located closer to one nozzle than the other. Do I have the wrong ring or am I miss reading the instructions. It also came with another metal bracket but this one was quite large. The bracket was pakaged in its own vacumed sealed package and didn't have a part number on it or anyhting telling you what it is. If anybody can help me I would appreciate it. Also I'm thinking of mounting my bottle in the hump between the two back seats, has any one done this before and can I run my nitrous line through the car and out the firewal. Thanks Jessie
Old 11-02-2003, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe new bracket TNT provides mounts on the side of the TB using the same two bolts that hold the throttle cable in place. Remove the bolts, place the bracket in position and replace the two bolts. Also, both noids use the same bracket. As for the power ring, the Allan heads are used to tighten the ring down on the throttle body once in place.

Goodluck on install and shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I have installed several F1 kits, some fit easily, some need a lil TLC. Its well worth it in the end though.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

yea, listen to cammin.. he knows his stuff. make sure you get a heater!!! makes all the difference in the world. good luck!!

Last edited by VT_01_SS_ls6; 11-02-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Hey Cammin thanks for the info. I will definetely be getting a hold of you in the future while doing the install. I want to make sure its right. Can I run my nitrous line through the car. Thanks Jessie
Old 11-03-2003, 06:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did. Some say youre crazy for running it in the car, but I would rather have it inside than under the car scraping on curbs etc etc. Goodluck and PM me if ya have any other questions.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

I would bet you that metal bracket is what they consider the WOT bracket....

*R
Old 11-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Teching In

I mounted the bottle in the hump between the rear seats. It works well. No need for a bottle opener just reach back and open it up. Kinda hard to hide though if u r going for the stealth install. As for running the lines I ran them right through the center console and through the firewall hole near the pcm. The new bracket works allright if you don't have a purge noid. Add a purge noid in there and it gets a little messy. I went to a custom bracket that mounts the noids above the intake. let me know if you want pics...good luck.....after all the bugs r worked out its a lot of fun!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Our TNT kit was missing all kinds of parts as well. From what I have been reading here on the board, seems like everyone is missing at least 1 or 2 pieces.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Brut I woud definetley appreciate some pictures, I went out today and started messing with trying to mount the bottle. But it looks like you have to make some custom brackets to mount the bottle at the correct angle. Let me know how you did it. Thanks Jessie

Cammin,
I'm also going to go ahead and change my fuel pump, I would like to just replace my intake pump. which one would you reccomend. Thanks Jessie
Old 11-03-2003, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Oh I also would like to get a better looking arming switch. I'm looking for one of those aerospace switches the one with the red cover you have to filp up and then you can flip the toggle does anyone know where I can get one. Thanks Jessie
Old 11-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Jessie you have PM on the flip top switch. :-)