Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Phase 1 of "Operation Look Better" is complete!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Phase 1 of "Operation Look Better" is complete!

Sorry guys, still no tires. But:

Finsihed lowering the Z with all of the factory hardware 20 minutes ago. NO cutting, no longer bolts, just adjusting what was there. After a 5 min spin around the block looks like I got a .5" (+/-1/16") drop all around. From what I have read it will settle somewhere between .5" & .75" . Looks killer going down the road.....What a difference a half an incha can make.

Phase two: will be started on monday. A thick, thick, thick coat of Formula 113 wax

Phase three:

Cant wait!
Old 11-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man do i still get to drive the Z after it gets the DUBS ...???? that car is sweet !! i want one
Old 11-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Those rims look sweet, I def. want to see pics when there on. How did you drop you car .5 inches by adjustment? I got have a 95Z will it work on my car? Can you kinda give me the basics on how to do it? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaBalckIce
Those rims look sweet, I def. want to see pics when there on. How did you drop you car .5 inches by adjustment? I got have a 95Z will it work on my car? Can you kinda give me the basics on how to do it? Thanks.
He's referring to his ZO6. You can lower them with a few quick turns of a wrench on the C5s.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaBalckIce
Yeah, what cannibal said. For my Trans-Am I went with SLP Bilstein shocks, and Hypercoil springs...Love the setup and would reccomend it to anyone with an F-body.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt put the longer bolts in the back. It throws off the stance IMO. I cut the front bushings and droped the back as much as it would go and I love the stance. Hopefully for christmas ill have a set of Iforged rims like yours.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wicked 98z
I wouldnt put the longer bolts in the back. It throws off the stance IMO. I cut the front bushings and droped the back as much as it would go and I love the stance. Hopefully for christmas ill have a set of Iforged rims like yours.
I completely agree. I went with 295/35/19s in the back (a 'lil taller than stock), so I will probably either raise the rear back up a bit or cut the bushings in the front a little. The drop took away alot of the rake.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When is phase 1-B (mount and take pictures)?
Old 11-04-2003, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

niphilli,
Your iForged are only a polished face????? Why didnt you get them polished all the way thru??? Or was that they way they were?? Didnt you say you got a good deal on them after someone else cancled??
Cant wait to see how 19's look in the back
Kyle
Old 11-04-2003, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe DIESO
When is phase 1-B (mount and take pictures)?
Tires arrived today! Pics up this weekend!

niphilli,
Your iForged are only a polished face????? Why didnt you get them polished all the way thru??? Or was that they way they were?? Didnt you say you got a good deal on them after someone else cancled??
Cant wait to see how 19's look in the back
Kyle
Hey Kyle, no my wheels are full polished, they just do not have polished inner barrels. I did buy these from "overstock". A dealer had ordered four sets and was not able to pay so I bought them directly from Vince at iForged at a pretty deep discount .
Old 11-04-2003, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

niphilli, That was what i meant by the inner barrels. That was what i noticed cause mine are. I bet you got a really good price. Probably better then i did and you didnt have to wait for 12 weeks either. Was your price with ot with out tires??? What kind of tires did you get??
Kyle
Old 11-04-2003, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
niphilli, That was what i meant by the inner barrels. That was what i noticed cause mine are. I bet you got a really good price. Probably better then i did and you didnt have to wait for 12 weeks either. Was your price with ot with out tires??? What kind of tires did you get??
Kyle
I went with Yokahoma AVS sports. 265/35/18 & 295/35/19, I bought them directly from iForged without tires. Tires arrived today from Tirerack. I am having a hard time sitting still right now waiting for Friday to come