Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cylinder Head and Intake Manifold Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder Head and Intake Manifold Recommendations

Just curious what type of heads and manifolds you Nitrous Guys are running.

My current setup is a 427 C5R motor, Lunati Crank and Rods, Venolia pistons, Cam motion solid roller w/Cam motion lifters, LS6 CNC'd heads, Wilson Billet Bank manifold.

Motor is built to handle 1500 lbs per hour of Nitrous and since I have the heads and manifold off I thought I would explore my options. I know there are better quality heads and manifolds on the market now since this motor was built in 2006.

Besides improved performance I'm also interested in having a cylinder head that has a thicker deck to handle Nitrous hits. As for a manifold I don't think the Wilson billet bank is the best for my set up but it works for now. Is a single plane from Cary or a Super Vic a better option? Open to suggestions and I have more info on my cam and motor if you guys need it. Thanks.

Also, what type of head gaskets are you running as well. Currently have Fel Pro 1041's.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the largest area you could pick up would be with the heads. There's quite a few options out there now. You have the All Pro LSw, ET Canted Valve, the new Edelbrock canted valve castings should be out soon, and if the GM DR heads ever come out they would be an option too.

I really like Cary's manifold, but it is rather expensive. I think you could afford one if you sold the Wilson.

If you would like to divulge this what has the car run so far? Race weight, trans, stall (if applicable)?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:05 AM
9 Second Club

Default Bump

Bump... Anyone else???
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 AM
8 second mod

i was super happy with my Trick flows from TEA, and they have there new large race ones out now. pretty sure thats my new head of choice. probably one of the best heads for the $$$$
Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i was super happy with my Trick flows from TEA, and they have there new large race ones out now. pretty sure thats my new head of choice. probably one of the best heads for the $$$$
Thanks for chiming in Noyzee. Spoke with TEA today and waiting for an e mail from them. Have heard good things about the TFS heads from TEA and waiting to speak to another person regarding some different heads. Either way I feel like I can't go wrong with the stuff thats out there. Thanks again and if anyone else has some suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:24 PM
8 second mod

no prob, i can tell you this TEA is 100% top notch!! the did right by me and a few people i sent there, they are no bs. brian is great to deal with and mike as well!!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're really looking for the all out race head/manifold setup for MAXIMUM power. Look no further than the All Pro LSW heads from Richard at WCCH. Drop Cary's manifold on it, and you will not beat the power that combination will make period. I've spoken to some reputable builders and from their personal experience going from a super vic to Cary's LS7 manifold netted another 50hp simply from the swap.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 AM
8 second mod

i hogged the **** out of my vic jr, not super vic and it seems to be working pretty well considering.
pretty sure with the new heads and th-400 in place of my glide i should be 9.3 to 9.5 on motor and thats set up for spray. tight converter, rings filed for spray, spray cam. thats not to shabby with a simple home ported vic jr and off the shelf t-body in a 3300+ pound car
Old 05-12-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After seeing what the ET C5-X heads flow and the awsomeness of carys intake thatsd the setup to have right now!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
After seeing what the ET C5-X heads flow and the awsomeness of carys intake thatsd the setup to have right now!
AWESOMENESS .... lmao

But I agree, dont think there is a better flowing intake and head combo out there.