LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A/C in LT1 car..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C in LT1 car..

After replacing my A/C compressor a couple months ago I finally decieded to charge it today and it would hold a charge, leaks out immediatly!
I found the leak, its coming from back of compressor where the two hard lines bolt into the compressor... well I cant get both the hoses flush! Both are held in by one bolt and after cranking down on bolt, one side just doesnt look low enough.. Added dye to freeon and it def proved I was right...
I went and bought this O-ring kit.. it came with these:

And several green rubber o-rings of course.. Where do all these metal/rubber rings go??
The two on the left are the same ones that came out of it..
Thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U need to find the same exact o-rings or it'll leak. Looks like u got a universal kit which suck cause they never seem to match. Buy the ones made specific for your year car. I would also recommend replacing the dyer/accumulator since they are designed to soak up all the moisture in an A/C system. And you really need to vacuum the system down for a min of 30minutes to help. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

You might have a cracked manifold (the thing that bolts to the A/C compressor) The same thing happened to my truck. the dealer will sell the part. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a kit for a 1996 camaro 5.7...
Like I said, two are the exact same that came out of it. It seems like when I put the bolt in it doenst wanna sit flush...
Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Did you get your ac working? I am having the same problem, I replaced the washer style o-rings once. Now I am replacing the compressor and o-rings.